• Report: #190947
Complaint Review:

GC Services

  • Submitted: Wed, May 10, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, May 12, 2012

  • Reported By:Red Hook New York
GC Services
4777 Hilton Court Drive Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

GC Services no refund ripoff Columbus Ohio *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Comment: Re: How to Get the Money Back

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

On April 3rd, GC Services deducted $500.00 from my checking account. My monthly payment was $350.00 per month. As a result of the incorrect deduction, there were three (3) $34.00 bank fees which were incurred because one of my checks was returned and in addition to withdrawing $500.00 from my checking account, GC Services tried to withdraw the original $350.00 per month, not once but twice.

I spoke with one of your account representatives whose name is Angela at extension 4212. Angela agreed that a refund of $252.00 would be made once I submitted a copy of my bank statement which reflected the (3) $34.00 bank fees and the $150.00 refund from the $500.00 withdrawal which was incorrect. I faxed all of the documentation over to Angela who confirmed receipt.

It is now May 9th and I have yet to receive a refund. I have been told by several of your representatives that a refund has or will be sent express mail. I spoke with Chris who said he was Angela's manager and more recently, Caprice Ashby and still no refund. In addition, I recently found out that my account with GS services was closed with no explanation.

Red Hook, New York

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2006 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gc-services/columbus-ohio-43232/gc-services-no-refund-ripoff-columbus-ohio-editors-suggestions-on-how-to-get-your-money-190947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GC Services

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Comment

Re: How to Get the Money Back

AUTHOR: InternetsJustice - (United States of America)

All due respect to the Editor, but their response on how to get the money back discounts the most obvious solution to the issue.  I have worked in this industry and dealt with the very refund requests the original poster is talking about, and I can tell you the biggest hindrance to processing refunds is often the borrower themselves.  Understand that if you are dealing with a supervisor it was one of their employees who made a mistake to cause this to happen, so have a little patience with them and understand they want to avoid a complaint as much as anybody else.

Usually if the payment can be show to have been made in error (ie an additional payment not authorized, made on the wrong day, payments not held by an employee) The manager in question would asks for the bank statement to show that the withdrawal was in fact made, was made by their organization, and what fees were assessed due to that.  Without this information they wouldn't be able to process the refund at all.  If you can provide this information and can show you didn't authorize that payment they will be happy to refund you the money in most cases, or at least pay for the Fees assessed if the payment was still owed.  However like anyone else collectors are concerned with fraud and won't just mail out a check without any information showing that were in fact liable.  I can't tell you how many times I have tried to process refunds only to have the borrower never call back or answer the phone, or let us know that they had sent the required information.  Without this even if the supervisor handling it wanted to refund the money they wouldn't be able to proceed and would typically just drop it and move on. 

So while filing petitions to force the banks to reverse the charges (which is typically reserved for cases of fraud) when it's a simple case of a clerical error on the company's part, which they will correct, is generally a waste of time, if you would just provide the info they ask and be willing to wait for them to process the request.  And if they won't refund the money it is likely because you did authorize the payment.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?