Complaint Review: General Electric

• General Electric
    1975 NOBLE ROAD,
    Cleveland, Ohio

General Electric Are Twist bulbs long lasting? Cleveland Ohio

Several months ago I converted all my bulbs to GE Energy Smart twist bulbs which states right on the carton "Lasts 5 years". I have a dining room that we use, if that often, twice a month when the kids and grandchildren come for dinner. I have both the 100 and 60 watt versions of these long lasting energy saving bulbs. I have already replaced 3 of the 60 watt bulbs and 4 of the 100 watt bulbs. 2 of the 100 watt bulbs in the dining room which is only used a few hours every couple of weeks.

I have not contacted the company. But it seems to me that the American people were sold a bill of goods to rid them of the old supposedly energy inefficient bulbs to purchase this lipsticked pig in a poke.

Deke
Frankfort, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2008 04:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/general-electric/cleveland-ohio-44112/general-electric-are-twist-bulbs-long-lasting-cleveland-ohio-382643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content