Complaint Review: Great American Readers

• Great American Readers
    PO Box 20460
    Bloomington, Minnesota
    USA

Great American Readers Rip off company--Charges $998 for subscription to 5 mags--You can only cancel for 7 days??? Bloomington Minnesota

I received a phone call telling me I won $250 in Gift cards but I had to agree to take a magazine subscription for 5 years of 5 magazines that would cost 3 payments of $49.90.  WHen I began receiving the magazinesonly 2 of the 5 were what I had ordered.  I called to cancel when I realized the payments were for 20 months NOT 3 months.  I was told there is no way to cancel because it has been more than 7 days since the first payment.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was refused.  SHe told me he will only say the same thing but I could talk to someone who would give me a resolution amount.  I have already been charged $49.90 for 3 months.  That amount should cover all the magazines I have received up to today.  SInce I wish to cancel and they are refusing, I will have to file a report with my credit card to investigat the charges.  I do not believe that there is no way to cancel the magazines and stop the service.

I just went to each magazines web site and checked how nmuch it would cost for all the magazines I was promised.  The total cost was $571 and that was not even taking advantage of exttra special offers.  SO this company os charging $427 in fees for their service!!  How does that make sense??

DO not be fooled by this compay !  Great American Readers is a scam!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2017 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/great-american-readers/bloomington-minnesota-55420/great-american-readers-rip-off-company-charges-998-for-subscription-to-5-mags-you-can-1368703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content