Complaint Review: Hearthware Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Reported By: Ernest — Ocean Springs Mississippi U.S.A.
  • Hearthware Inc.
    1755 Butterfield Road
    Libertyville, Illinois
    United States of America

Hearthware Inc. False advertising. Did not include cookware with pic's as advertised. Phones hangup. Theives. Libertyville, Illinois

*Author of original report: Missing cookware

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service Assistance

I ordered an Newave Precision Induction Cooktop. Their advertisement was (order one and get the second free by just paying $69.90 shipping and handling which I did.  These cooktops are supposed to come with the cookware as advertised with them.  I tried calling them  at 1-855-742-2665, they answer and say they are overwhelmed by orders, then hang up.  I've sent 6 emails and got one answer saying they need more money.  I asked for a return number and did not receive one. I am very disappointed and need help. More complaints and possibly a suit will help stop this type fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hearthware-inc/libertyville-illinois-60048/hearthware-inc-false-advertising-did-not-include-cookware-with-pics-as-advertised-ph-949724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Missing cookware

AUTHOR: Ernest - (USA)

Jeremy

If you will watch your advertisement video you will see that you offer the nuwave precision induction cook top for $99.99.  You offer a second PIC for shipping and handling of $69.90. Along with this the cookware is and carrying bag are free with the order.  This is as simple as I can get it.  Listen and watch your sales pitch on your website.  I suggest you practise what you preach and you'll have less complaints and returns.

Ernest Boyda Jr.

Customer Service Assistance

AUTHOR: Hearthware Jeremy - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I am the Social Coordinator for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. I am terribly sorry to hear about your missing items. In many cases, confusion about the cookware stems from a simple misunderstanding about having accepted the additional S&P charges in order to obtain the free gift. If you feel that you are still missing items from your order, send us an email with your complete order information to facebook@hearthware.com. I will have our customer service managers compare your records with our own. Once I receive an update from them, I will pass along any relevant information to you. If you would like, I can also request a return authorization number and pass it along to you.