Complaint Review: High-Tech Institute

• High-Tech Institute
    Lincoln Village Dr, Ste 100
    sacramento, California
    United States of America

High-Tech Institute Anthem College ..LIED. TO GET ME TO SIGN UP& ISNT ACCREDITED sacramento, California

High-Tech Institute AKA Anthem College is a COMPLETE ripoff

I was lied to and told I would become a "certified" Medical Biller and Coder and would have job placement after graduation.  this was a complete lie. They dont have the accredidation needed for people to become certified..I learned after graduating you have to take a state test to be certified and already have 1 year medical office experience..

After Graduating in March 2009 I was handed a certificate of "Appreciation" after all the money I owe on student loans for things I didnt even do in the classroom and all the time and effort I put in I get a certificate of appreciation? WTH?

I went to the school and asked where my certification was,  did it come in the mail?.. and the lady tells me.. Your not certified through the school..

I talked to my peers I went to school with and only .2. people have a job in the medical billing field, out of twenty something people...2 have  jobs and one girl only got that job because she already knew someone in that medical office and the other person already had medical office experience so she was able to go take the state test to be certified

The Lady who signed me up for the school, even ripped off her own daughter! Her daughter who I will leave un-named went to class with me and graduated and works for a completely different occupation as a manager of a deli shop and says her and her mothers relationship is SH**.

I also got pregnant after graduation and was contacted by the school who said im gonna send you a form to sign saying we'll "postpone" your job placement help until this date... After I had already signed the form, stupidly without reading it all the way through, I got an e-mail from another fellow classmate who said dont sign any forms they try to get you to sign it releases them from the responsibility for finding you a job in our field Im gonna open a class action lawsuit blah blah blah.. great I had already signed the form :(

DONT trust this school RESEARCH any "for profit" or Trade School your looking to go into because trust me after fifteen hundred dollars down the drain not to mention much more in gas to get to this ripoff school... NOT WORTH IT.

IF ANYONE OPENS A CLASSACTION LAWSUIT FOR HIGH_TECH PLEASE CONTACT ME

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2010 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/high-tech-institute/sacramento-california-95827/high-tech-institute-anthem-college-lied-to-get-me-to-sign-up-isnt-accredited-sacramen-665689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content