Complaint Review: HP Consulting, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 03, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 03, 2010
  • Reported By: kelly1978 — Albany New York United States of America
  • HP Consulting, Inc.
    po box 159, Idledale, CO 80453
    Idledale, Colorado
    United States of America

HP Consulting, Inc. MD Network door to door magazine communications scholarship Idledale, Colorado

I cannot believe I fell for this scam.  I am a highly educated individual and I was suckered.  As soon as I realized that the second receipt was NOT a tax deductible form as she said, I ran outside to find the "girl" who purported to be trying to win a scholarship from Hp - being in the tech field I am familiar with the work they do generally in the community.

I didn't have cash, but wrote a check. paid $50 for a magazine that would normally be about $30 for a subscription but was assured half would be tax deductible.  Unfortunately she and my check were long gone.  I tried to call the non-emergency number for the police in my city and they were busy.

I plan to try and cancel the check first thing in the morning - but not sure I will have success.  I only hope I will not have to deal with any of the check fraud I have read about.

Cannot believe how stupid I was

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hp-consulting-inc/idledale-colorado-80453/hp-consulting-inc-md-network-door-to-door-magazine-communications-scholarship-idledale-628765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content