Complaint Review: HUGHESNET

• HUGHESNET
    WWW.HUGHESNET.COM
    Internet

HUGHESNET High-Speed Internet -- NOT !!! Yulee Internet

If yu are thinking of HughesNet..STOPP read all coplaints. I have had Hughes for over 2 years, I was getting reasonably good service .This for $59.00 a month. I was not happy and was told by customer NO SERVICE to upgrade to PROFESSIONAL. I did in 12/07 and now average only 20 kps upload speeds.

I have been complaining and keep getting the TIER1 not-tech reading a script and go thru the motions for an hour each time. I finally got escalated to TIER 3 and then to TIER 4 whom would investigate the issue and call me back within 2 days. Day 3 NO CALL. I called day 4 and 1 hr 53 minutes later after a TIER 1 & a TIER 3 conversation I was told I was scheduled for a call the next day. Guess what 9PM I called and was told a rep tried to reach me. GUESS what I WAS HOME WAITING ON THE CALL. NO CALL, Just got off the phone again and was told I need to run their bogus speed test for another 2 days and on the 3rd day a TIER 3 tech would call me again.
The same trash given before. I had to run the speed test 3 days last time. A vicious circle with no customer service at all.

I firmly believe HUGHES sells their products (all the same product) and charges each one of us with no differnt service (POOR). They probably do not have the band-width to service their sales. yet they advertise up to 30x faster than dial-up! A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT is needed. Why hasn't the FTC or the FCC gotten into this??

Joe
yulee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/hughesnet/internet/hughesnet-high-speed-internet-not-yulee-internet-336906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content