Complaint Review: Innovative Apartments

• Phone: 631-937-7737
  • Web:
  • Category: Landlords

Innovative Apartments Scam, ripoff, New York New York

Innovative Apartments is a scam. If you search for them, you will see multiple other complaints about them. Here is my complaint:

I signed up for their company in July, cancelled the service a few days later, and gave them a copy of my lease (which was necessary to get the refund) in the first week of August. Hassan told me that my refund would be mailed out in a few weeks. After a month, I called back to inquire about my refund. Hassan told me that it was sent out, that it must have been lost, and that he would send another out ASAP.

After a few more weeks, I called again, and once again "it was lost in the mail." I then told Hassan I would come in, in person, to obtain my refund. He said that was fine but that it would take some time. After a few more weeks of a run around, I finally obtained the check from Hassan.

The check bounced a few weeks later.

After threatening to go to a news station to report their scam, Nader Jaber (self proclaimed CEO) called me. Up until this point, I NEVER had a phone call returned to me, and still have not received an email response. He promised me that "Thursday I would have a certified check, Friday the latest." Why it would take so long to obtain $234 is beyond my comprehension (this was Monday). Each day I called, and each day, I was told the same thing. On Thursday, I was told that it would have to be Monday and that they would call me Monday. There was no call on Monday (November 19 2007), and hence, I will be seeking other actions.

Innovative Apartments is a SCAM! Just use craigslist for a FREE and more COMPREHENSIVE listing. That is how I got my apartment.

Frank
NYC, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/innovative-apartments/new-york-new-york-10010/innovative-apartments-scam-ripoff-new-york-new-york-287091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content