Complaint Review: Integretel

• Reported By: Rhinelander Wisconsin
  • Integretel
    5883 Rue Farrari
    San Jose, California

Integretel fraudulant billings via "Telephone Services" for entertainment services on internet San Jose California

I recently received our local phone bill and low & behold there were 3 charges @ 39.99 each for 3 seperate days, charges totaling 119.97 plus 10.20 in taxes for a 900 number(900-444-0290)from Integretel Long Distance.

There was a number listed to call for disputes, 637-2111... guess what!? This number is invalid! So I called our local phone company and they gave me the 800 # for Integretel. So I called... spoke with William and was told we made those charges no doubt about it! Funny, we are all at work at 12:27pm, 9:59am and 12:03pm... I asked him who this 900# was connected to and the answer was Telephone Services, but he didn't have a clue as to how I could contact Telephone Services... how can a service company who bills for another company not know an address, phone number or a website or email address?!?

Also, I wouldn't have even known the address for Integretel except I happened to look it up on the internet and found this rip-off report website... Integretel does not give out that information. Anyway, I then sent a follow-up email to complain and dispute the charges so I could have something in writing... the response was the same as William's response... You Did It! You Pay!

So I responded today, again! I also pulled up information from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) about disputes involving Integretel and companies they work with. I then filed a compaint with the FTC and I suggest everyone who has a had a problem with this company or any subsidiary associated with it file an official complaint with the FTC. You can file a complaint using their form on-line at http://www.ftc.gov or call 1-877-FTC-HELP (822-382-4357).

I'm sure I will be hearing from Integretel again... I am not paying the charges or the tax on it. It's unbelievable what these companies are doing out there!

Aprelle
Rhinelander, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2003 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/integretel/san-jose-california-95138/integretel-fraudulant-billings-via-telephone-services-for-entertainment-services-on-inte-74162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content