Complaint Review: Listen Clear

Savannah, Georgia
    USA

Listen Clear They scammed my disabled father Savannah Georgia

*Consumer Comment: In general, it is not a rip off

My father suffered a tramatic brain injury 26 years ago. He had his head split open which resulted in him being permanently disabled. He has half a brain, one eye, one ear that functions and other physical disabilities. He suffers from memory loss and doesnt recall some of his day to day activities. In this case, he was watching television and saw the listen clear add. He then pursued to call and purchase a hearing aid. He was never told the product was 1919.79$ and thought it was one payment of 239$. He had the producy shipped to his canadian home and then forgot all about it.

I was going through his bills and receipts and came across a letter that showed a past due amount of just over 1600$. I called the company directly and explained my fathers situation in hopes of them having some leniency for him and his disability as they make a living making products for people lile himself. I told them the product was untouched as he had forgotten all about it. I was passed to a very rude sales rep and she then told me it is too bad and if I wanted to take them to court than that's ok. I couldn't believe my father has become a victim of their product and I am desperately looking for a way to return this product as my father does not need nor can afford to use it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2017 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/listen-clear/savannah-georgia-31405/listen-clear-they-scammed-my-disabled-father-savannah-georgia-1405353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

In general, it is not a rip off

AUTHOR: MacaroonZ - (USA)

I'm very sorry to hear about your father story. However, according to your story, it is your father who initiated and went through the purchase. It is not the company who physically pushes the product into your father's hand. An advertising is an advertising. It doesn't automatically sign any audience up to buy the product. Therefore, I have to say that you have no legal course against the company.

But if you are talking about caring for customers, then yes the way your father was treated shows that the company wouldn't care for any customers. I would somewhat expected that because they are there to make money. Sadly, mom-and-pop type of business in the U.S. has been dead long ago. Nowadays, it is all about corporation which has no interest in customer service.