Complaint Review: Mattress Firm

• Phone: 713-923-1096
  • Web:
  • Category: Customer

Mattress Firm Mattress Holdings, LLC Injured at Mattress Firm Houston, Texas

I am African American woman, age 66.

On July 16, 2009, I went to Mattress Firms [5815 Gulf Freeway, Houston, Texas 77023] with my two sons to buy a mattress, where I was tripped by a hazardous extension cord; streaming across the sidewalk; at the store entrance.  [The extension cord was connected to a Mattress Firm Balloon to advertize.]

I feel Mattress Firm mistreated me either due to my age and/or race.  The employees at Mattress Firm were totally negligent; A) first by NOT securing the hazardous extension cord; streaming across the sidewalk; at the store entrance, and B) second by NOT offering me first aid; I was totally ignored.

After two emergency room visits, several medical appointments, several x-rays, a MRI, and pain management services; two orthopedic surgeons stated that my injury is a permanent disability. Further, the two surgeons recommended SURGERY to repair the permanent damages; unfortunately surgery may not remedy the fractures and torn ligaments. I am adamantly against having surgery.

Mattress Firm acknowledges that they recorded the entire incident with their surveillance camera, but they refuse to communicate with me, directly.  Each time I contact them, they tell me to contact their insurance carrier, who treats me equally as bad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mattress-firm/houston-texas-77023/mattress-firm-mattress-holdings-llc-injured-at-mattress-firm-houston-texas-540690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content