Complaint Review: MCI

• Reported By: Coats North Carolina
  • MCI
    www.mci.com
    Ashburn, Virginia

MCI RIPOFF! Long Distance Switching without my knowledge or Consent! Turned into collections! Ashburn Virginia

MCI Worldcom has been a thorn in my side for 2 years. I have always carried Sprint long-distance service. Imagine my surprise when I got a bill from MCI in the mail for over $100.00!! I called Sprint and they said that MCI had had my long-distance service switched. I did not give MCI permission to do this. I switched my service back over to Sprint, placed a "freeze" on my long-distance service, and called MCI.

I told MCI I would NOT pay the bill because they switched my service themselves without my knowledge and permission. They said OK and that they were sorry. Well, about a month later, I get another bill from MCI in the mail, this one being a notice of late charges about to be turned over to collections. I call them again, and think everything is taken care of. Well, 6 months later, I another bill comes from MCI for $76.00! They had switched my service yet AGAIN, even though I had a freeze on my service with Sprint. I call MCI and threaten legal action against them. They tell me I still have to pay the bill or it, too, would be turned over to collections.

I then send them a letter stating my dissatisfaction with their highly unethical business practices. I never got a response, but I never received another bill. Last month, I was looking at my credit report and MCI had reported both bills that I had refused to pay to the credit reporting agencies! I initiated an investigation, and within 2 days they were taken off my credit report. I am very upset that MCI had the nerve to switch my long-distance secretly, and then report my non-payment of their BOGUS bills to the credit agencies. I was turned down for credit because of their 2 reports (the only negative things I had on my report). I think legal action should be taken!

Bottom line is: MCI is a scam and they don't care about people!

Kendra
Coats, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2004 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mci/ashburn-virginia/mci-ripoff-long-distance-switching-without-my-knowledge-or-consent-turned-into-collectio-84848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content