Complaint Review:

• Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By: Angry Tenant — London Ontario
Medallion Corporation
700 King Street London, Ontario Canada

Medallion Corporation Poor Living Conditions, No working elevators, No Air Conditioning, all of which are supposed to be included in the rent London Ontario

*General Comment: Nick Oros and George Espinola

*UPDATE Employee: Brand New Rental Living in London Ontario

A little less than a year ago, we responded to an ad regarding a new building recently finished, and offering brand new 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units for rent starting at $750 inclusive of heat, hydro, a/c and all managment fees.

Intrigued, we went to see the management office, and were welcomed by smiles and greetings.  The atmosphere was right, the promises seemed sound, they gave us a tour of the building, and we signed on almost immediately.

Fast forward 4 months, and we realize that the promises were nothing but words.  We are now living in a unit, with no A/C, non working elevators, poor cleaning practices, and poor managment.

We urge anyone looking to rent a unit in REVO on King at 700 King Street in London, ON to think twice, and not allow the sly salesmanship/lies of the management office to trick you into signing a lease.  No one deserves to live in these conditions and be expected to pay rent.  A complaint with the Landlord and Tenant Act has also been filed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/medallion-corporation/london-ontario-n6v4t5/medallion-corporation-poor-living-conditions-no-working-elevators-no-air-conditioning-1061449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Medallion Corporation

#1 General Comment

Nick Oros and George Espinola

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (Canada)

STAY AWAY PEOPLE!!  Horrible horrible management.  The apt itself would be ok if there wasn't an ANT INFESTATION and if it wasn't run by tyrants.  I've killed 100 ants per day for the past 3 years. Completely disgusting and unacceptable.   I've been here for a decade and they refuse to help unless I can pull everything away from the walls.  Where can I put 10 years worth of items!!??  They make me buy my own ant traps if I want more than 1 every 3 months.  Like are you kidding me!!??

Daniella G the admin lady is EXTREMELY rude.  Always yells, hangs up the phone, wont answer, wont call back, lies, throws out mail – Federal offence and action being taken at time of post.  Nick Oros the property manager is super unprofessional.  NEVER listens, talks over, doesn’t return calls either and tries to nickel and dime every chance he gets.  Jurgen and Silvia Sturm the superintendents are always yelling and rude.  George Espinola the boss of Nick has attitude and doesn’t return calls either.   FOUR TIMES he was made aware of pieces of the balcony falling over a 100 feet below (could kill someone) and nothing was done about it.  UNREAL.  3 times he was made aware of his employees yelling, lying, stealing mail and throwing it out and never once called to show concern.  The company has absolutely 0 customer service skills.  It's just a horrible negative environment all around.  They will make you feel like you're in jail.  Giving you 0 attention except when you need to pay.  Then they'll threaten to take you to court instead of just asking for it like normal humans or normal businesses.

Worst place I've ever lived.  You should be ashamed of yourselves Medallion.  More people should call the media about the bug infestation, falling apart balconies, dirty air vents (I get sick every spring and fall when they turn on the AC or heat), their ignorance, disrespect, lies, theft, unprofessionalism and rip off approach to business. Their website says free hydro.  Their application forms say free hydro.  Then they tell you their site and forms are outdated and you have to pay hydro!  Lying saying it's only $30 when it ends up being $300 in the summer?  For a big company, you'd think they could update such crucial information within 3 years.

Simply a disgusting company all around…as every other review on them that I’ve read has said. NEVER rent or buy from them unless you're interested in lies, b*******, bugs and headaches.

Brand New Rental Living in London Ontario

AUTHOR: Sarah Topash - ()

Dear Angry Tenant,

I am sorry to hear that your first few months at REVO on King St. did not live up to your hopes.

Please accept our apologies and understand that although we strive to ensure that your tenancy term with us is nothing but pleasant, when dealing with a brand new building, some aspects are out of our control.

Elevators:

As to my knowledge, the elevators at REVO are up and running, unfortunately as with all new products sometimes there are kinks to work out as well as many move ins happening at once which greatly impacts the speed and efficiency of an elevator.

Air Conditioning:

REVO offers in suite controlled air condition units and should you have had an issue with yours, management would have dealt with it immediately as part of our S.O.S (Superior On Call Service) guarantee.

Management at REVO strives to make every effort to assist Residents with any and all concerns they may have during their tenancy. I cannot stress enough how with brand new built buildings everything is a learning process. Should you have any more issues I do hope you will consider visiting the Management office so that they can clarify and rectify.

Once again, please accept my apology on behalf of Medallion Corporation and should you need further assistance please contact me directly.

Warmest Regards,