Complaint Review: MWI Valuemax

• Reported By: Divide Colorado
  • MWI Valuemax
    Dealpass.com
    , Connecticut

MWI Valuemax Don't know where they got my credit card # never heard of them Connecticut

When I noticed charges on my credit card statement ($89.95), I called "MWI Valuemax" to see who they were. In the process, I got a clue to another series of mysterious charges that I don't remember authorizing, from a company called "NAP Premier choice" ,which is apparently part of "MWI"'s ripoff network. One of the choices on MWI Valuemax's automated phone system's initial menu was for "Premier".

These people are truly amazing - - - they aren't content with just one fraudulent billing per month, they have billed my card twice in eight days! When I got through to a live person , and suggested that I had never heard of them, much less authorized repeated charges on my card, MWI's representative told me that I had been contacted by phone in Oct. 2002 & authorized the charges.

Not only do I not remember this conversation, I NEVER , EVER give my credit card number to a stranger on the phone. So, WHERE DID THEY GET MY INFO ?? The MWI rep. basically blew me off as somebody who just didn't remember this supposedly legitimate conversation and authorization, and said she'd send off a new "kit" explaining their valuable services, and I could call back after reading it if I had further questions.

I've cancelled that credit card to prevent further unauthorized charges, since they seem infinitely capable of racking up another series of charges while my credit card company investigates. What a pain in the ___. !!

Dave
Divide, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2003 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mwi-valuemax/connecticut/mwi-valuemax-dont-know-where-they-got-my-credit-card-never-heard-of-them-connecticut-48461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content