Complaint Review: MyInfo1.com

• Reported By: L — Alabama United States of America
  • MyInfo1.com

Internet
    United States of America

Searched this site for public record background info. Site prompted report available for $1.00 (site states these reports are free however to cover cost of service would charge $1.00). I paid the $1.00 and declined the opportunity for "premium membership". When I received email it stated report ready to view and provided a link. No report was available. I contacted customer support via live chat and was told to resubmit information in the generic search box provided at the site. I did and it returned 4 pages of individuals with same name, some with or without state associated. 1 person matched same name with middle initial, however no state provided so could not verify if same. I clicked name and no information available at all. I told the customer service representative I felt very mislead as I would have not paid $1.00 for this service had I known no report existed or that I would have to pay for multiple reports until I found correct person, if even available. When I initially searched I provided complete name, city, and state and I was told info was found and could be obtained. I also informed her I would be reporting this "rip off" to the BBB. She said site was not a "rip off" and offered to provide me with another search or to refund the $1.00. I told her I wanted my account deleted and ensure all my credit card info removed. She assisted with this and provided a link for me to confirm. The link said the 19.95 charge was suspended. I immediately asked her about this and informed her it was only supposed to be $1.00, she said it was a technical error only $1.00 was charged and now refunded. The so called technical error of 19.95 charge showing on cancellation link made me very suspicious and prompted me to check this site to find out others have also experienced same issue and was actually charged (not a technical error). I hope my money is refunded. This company does not represent their charges accurately, very dishonest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/myinfo1com/internet/myinfo1com-scam-100-charge-turned-into-1995-charge-no-report-internet-969446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Questions....about honesty

AUTHOR: RipoffReportisaScamToo - (USA)

Josh, (if that's really your name),  why don't you post your business address and phone number?  Are you hiding?

Why does your website TRICK people into thinking they will get a report for $1 but instead you charge them $19.95 AND you sign them up for continuing UNWANTED monthly charges of $19.95?

Why don't you give receipts for charges that can be printed out?
Why can't customers edit their credit card information?
Why does your Chat agree to refunds and not follow through?
Why do you flood the web with fake reviews giving your company glowing reports?

Why all the deception?

I think the answer is obvious........

Similar Occurence

AUTHOR: apfeiffer08 - (United States of America)

My situation is very similar as L. I was under the impression through their $1 advertisement that even though the website was not helpful at all it was only a dollar. However, now this surprise of $19.95 has hit my account. When speaking to live support they only tell me my account is closed and all "future" withdrawals are voided. They may have set things straight for L, but my situation is still unsolved. I leave very unsatisfied and upset over the shady trickery of this website.

Update: All charges refunded

AUTHOR: Laurie - (United States of America)

Josh,

Thank you for your response and your willingness to personally improve customer satisfaction. All charges were refunded to my account. I encourage your company to appropriately post the actual amount for the service so there will be no "surprise charges" or confusion.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

MyInfo1.com Response

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear L,

I apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused. I invite you to email me at josh@myinfo1.com and I can handle this situation directly with you. I can offer you help on the report you are looking for give you a full refund of our services. You are also able to access a live chat agent on our website or call 1-866-434-4253 to speak with someone immediately. Please send me an email at josh@myinfo1.com and hopefully we can fix this situation.

Kind Regards,