Complaint Review: Nationstar Mortgage

• Reported By: Hope Arkansas
  • Nationstar Mortgage
    350 Highland Drive
    Lewisville, Texas

Nationstar Mortgage Fail to proceed (don't be fooled by Nationstar Mortgage) Lewisville Texas

*Consumer Comment: Read the rebuttal in it's entirety before forming an opinion

I have an existing loan with Nationstar Mortgage. I called Nationstar in May 2008 about refinacing an existing loan. I explained to the Loan officer i want to get some cash out so i can do some home improvements. My credit score was check. The loan officer said the my credit score wasn't all that good but he was sure that he could get the loan approved. A documented outlining the loan was mailed to me in June. I was told there would be no out of pocket expense, but i would have to pay 350.00 dollars to have an appraisal done. The loan officer told me he would call me in a week. After the loan officer did not call, I called him. he said the loan was denied i told him i nerver received a letter informing me. I told him i want to file a compliant. I spoke with a man in the compliant department. He said he would look at the loan again, he spoke with the Manager and he said he would pre-approve me for the loan. I faxed him all the required information he needed to get the loan started. I paid 350.00 for an appraisal fee. The appraisal that was done by the appraisal came in lower than expected. The appraisal service only compared my house to two homes, and appraisaled my home for 83000.00 My home is 2200 sq. ft. four bedroom 3 bath brick home. I also have two acres of land. I disagreed with the appraisal and faxed him two more homes that was comparable with my home. For that point the loan process went downhill. I contact Nationstar Mortgage on 08/22/08 and spoke to a loan officer about my loan. He told me the loan was denied. I told him i never got a denial letter I also told the loan officer i was going to file a compliant against Nationstar Mortage with the Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance. The loan officer talked to his Manager. and said the would look at the loan again and someone would call me on 08/25/08. On 08/26/08 I received a loan denial in the mail stating the reason for the denial my property was unacceptable. Nation Mortgage has fail to proceed with my loan. I paid 350.00 dollars for nothing.

Don't be fooled by Nationstar Mortgage.

Wanda
Hope, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2008 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nationstar-mortgage/lewisville-texas/nationstar-mortgage-fail-to-proceed-dont-be-fooled-by-nationstar-mortgage-lewisville-te-369527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Read the rebuttal in it's entirety before forming an opinion

AUTHOR: Big Daddy - (U.S.A.)

I realize that a lot of consumers do get ripped and there should be some sort of compensation for those poor people. However just violent rants against companies when there is no actual basis for the complaint are just not right. Some people might read this and decide against using the company being slammed when there is no reason for the complaint. Sometimes people just don't qualify for a loan. An appraisal is the basis for any loan no matter what the financial situation so the fact that the person had to pay for one is of no consequence. The fact that it came in to low is certainly not the fault of the mortgage company. This complaint is totally without any basis and Rip Off should screen the complaints and make sure they are true and worthy of posting before slamming the reputation of any company.

Big Daddy