Complaint Review: NCO Financial Services

• Reported By: fort Benning Georgia
  • NCO Financial Services
    Box 8547
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

NCO Financial Services ripoff and using lies on credit report Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I recently pulled my credit report and notice that I had an entry for a collection debt for $174.00, and the creditor was NCO financial. I contacted them, and they told me that it was a utility bill from Pennsylvania form 1998. I explained that I haven't lived in Pennsylvania since 1995, and I even verified my old address to see if that was where the utility bill was from. The man (who was very rude, and spoke very broken english), verifed the old address. I asked him to verify when the account came to them, and he stated that in order to dispute the charges that happened almost 10 years ago, that I would have to submit bills to show that I wasn't living in Pennsylvania at the time.

This one entry has been causing me to not get employment here in Georgia, because it is a collection item. They are not reporting the date correctly, but they refuse to help in any way possible.

Tammy
fort Benning, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2004 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nco-financial-services/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19101/nco-financial-services-ripoff-and-using-lies-on-credit-report-philadelphia-pennsylvania-98965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content