Complaint Review: Nextel

• Nextel
    www.nextel.com
    Internet

Nextel ripoff Unbelievably Poor Customer Service!! Internet

I switched to Nextel because my husband had been talked into their plan for business purposes. I too am self-employed, and my cell phone is my business phone.

Nextel has provided:

Poor coverage. (Much worse then Verizon and Cingular whom I had plans with during pervious jobs)

Random phone setting changes so calls don't come through. Of course I didn't know this until clients had contacted me via email, and weren't happy about me being unresponsive to their calls.

Randomly dropped the voice mail "service" from my husband's phone, resulting in 27 business calls being missed.

My husband upgraded his minutes, and in doing so, his plan got "renewed" and locked into a full year from that date.... which he wasn't aware of.

We simply NEEDED to be released from this company. Our BUSINESS reputations and means of income was being compromised simply from PHONE problems!

We called Nextel's customer support. We were informed that they were powerless to get us out of our plan without penalties. We needed to call some other department on our dime(s), or send them an email.

So we called, and couldn't get a person who was "authorized" to do anything. Our only option was to write an email.

AN EMAIL! We couldn't even TALK to anyone!

So we sent an email with our list of grievances. It was responded to quickly with a "Sorry, policy is policy" form letter.

So we responded with another email, adding a "tone" to it, and asking someone to PLEASE call us so we can discuss this matter.

We were responded to with another email with their contract simply copied and pasted in to it. Of course we have still not received a phone call.

A copy and paste response.

[Thank you Nextel for listening to us and responding in a highly professional manner....]

As of yet, no one from the company will actually talk to us, and now we aren't even being responded to in an email, just given a copy/paste of their contract and a "contract is a contract" response.

This is a company that simply DOES NOT CARE about it consumers or the service they provide. It's all about avoiding contact with the consumers (since the only means of communication is apparently through email)and "getting the money".

Thank you Nextel.

Susan
Alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2004 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nextel/internet/nextel-ripoff-unbelievably-poor-customer-service-internet-103406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content