• Report: #225339

Complaint Review: NHCD

  • Submitted: Thu, December 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, December 15, 2006

  • Reported By:Plain City Ohio
6520 W. 110th Street Suite 203 Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

NHCD Rip OFF, continue to take money from my account 16 month's later $303.00 ripoff Overland Park Kansas *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Author of original report: UPDATE!

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

NHCD, I signed up to be one of there Phone Rep's on 8/5/05 I was told that it would be $19.95 the first month for the phone service, and $18.95 a month there after. On 8/10/05 I contacted Amy Melvin my "manager" and told her that this wasn't for me, it wasn't what I had expected, and I no longer wish to be a part of NHCD. She told me I needed to send a letter to the Corp Office, stating I wish to end my employment and that I no longer wanted to be charge for there service. I did this on 8/11/03.

Since then I have continued to be charged $18.95 a month. It has now been 16 month's. I have called NHCD, Faxed them, sent letter after letter and I still have not gotten a reply.

Well the buck stop's here. I have filed a report with the BBB in Kansas & Ohio, I filed a report with the Ohio Attorney Generals Office, I've contacted my bank, I've contacted my attorney, And I've file 2 police reports, One against NHCD, and 1 against the owner. I'm sick of this NHCD is a scam. They will rip anyone they can off. Anything and everything I can do to NHCD to stop this I will.


Plain City, Ohio

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on NHCD National Healthcare Discount

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nhcd/overland-park-kansas-66210/nhcd-rip-off-continue-to-take-money-from-my-account-16-months-later-30300-ripoff-overl-225339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NHCD

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Author of original report


AUTHOR: Rena - (U.S.A.)

ON 12/13/06 I left a message for a Grant Wilms that I had indeed contacted the BBB in Ohio & Kansas, the Attorney Generals Office, My Attorney, My Bank, and have filed 2 police reports. ON 12/14/06 I received a call from a Kim (she wouldn't give last name)she said she was part of Grant Wilms Office, and she just wanted to let me know, that they would no longer be taking there $18.95 a month bank draft from me.. I heard it before about 20 times, so i'm not holding my breath. The 18th is fast approaching, that's usually when the money is taken out of my account. I'll keep everyone informed, as to weather or not it happens, and as to weather or not I get a refund.. I REFUSE to give up on this until my money all $303.00 is returned.. I'll be NHCD's worst nightmare.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?