In the latter part of last year, 2003. We signed on with Norvergence. They led us to believe that we would be saving a great deal of money if we went with them. It took them appox. 7 or 8 months to begin installing the equipment. Each stage of the installation has about a month between each stage.
At this point in May of 2004, we are still waiting for completion. We trusted them to take of things and to make sure that everything was hooked up properly. This week we found out that the 1-800 service that we use as a main source of business calls, was unoperational. It appears that when customers tried to reach via that toll free number they were getting a busy signal.
After trying repeatedly to call the companies "customer service" number and being put on hold for up to 45 minutes each time, and constantly being transfered to different people. When we finally were able to speak to someone there, we were told that it was a nationwide outage. So being a little leary, we called our local service provider and asked if there was indeed a nationwide outage. We were told that "NO THERE WAS NOT".
Our local phone company then went on the tell us that norvergence screwed up, by having our 1-800 directed to a number that wasn't even ours . We lost 10's of thousands of dollars those 10 days we were without out 1-800 number . Our local company was able to fix the problem and within a few mins our toll number was working. NO THANKS TO NORVERGENCE!!!
It really makes us wonder if this company is compentant enough to put our business in there hands... So we are now waiting for a response from someone in the NJ branch to see what will be done regarding this problem!