Complaint Review: Old Republic Home Protection Company

• Old Republic Home Protection Company
    P.O. Box 5017
    San Ramon, California
    USA

Old Republic Home Protection Company RIPOFF~ THEY DON'T HONOR POLICY EXPIRATION DATES! San Ramon California

Problem Date: 05/03/13

Plan #: 19134031

I bought a 4 unit property a year ago and was promised a home warranty paid for by my real estate agent.  Unfortunately after the agent got his commission, he never responded back to me EVER...including my attempts at getting my home warranty.

It wasn't until about 2 weeks ago that I got a renewal notice from one of my tenants that I realized I even had a warranty with Old Republic.

I had already had to shell out money out of pocket to fix a washer because I didn't even know that I had a warranty.

The notice says plan expires on May 3, 2013.  So I did give them a call but they told me that I am not able to use it on May 3, 2013.

Now, I had the Platinum coverage from them, unbeknownst to me, and had never ever filed a claim with them, and yet they try to deny me a claim for the microwave when I called on May 3, 2013.

When you use coupons that says expires on May 3, 2013, you can use it until Midnight of May 3, 2013.  When you buy sale items online, and it says sale ends May 3, 2013, you are able to purchase on May 3, 2013.  I am a regular consumer, a 1st grade teacher, who's just going by the sales practices most companies honor, whether by coupon, in store, or online purchases and such.

NO WHERE on the renewal notice did it say, even in small print, that I had to call by May 2, 2013.  It simply stated Plan Expires 05/03/13.

I feel that this is false advertisement, and am thinking about a class action legal suit for such because I feel that this is defrauding the general public.

I am hoping that they will honor my warranty plan that expires 05/03/13, to be able to use until close of 05/03/13.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/old-republic-home-protection-company/san-ramon-california-94583/old-republic-home-protection-company-ripoff-they-dont-honor-policy-expiration-dates-s-1048291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content