Complaint Review: PHONELINX (GLOBALINX)

• Submitted: Mon, December 09, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, December 09, 2002
  • Reported By: Thornton Colorado
  • PHONELINX (GLOBALINX)
    1483 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 301
    McLean, Virginia

PHONELINX (GLOBALINX) ripoff billed for services not requested McLean Virginia

I got a notice in the mail that I had signed up for a 15 day trial membership on the Phonelinx Network. The notice was dated September 12,2002. By the time I got it in the mail there were only a couple of days left of the supposed trial, not enough time to use if I had wanted or asked for it.

The notice said that I had accepted this offer after making a credit card purchase on the Internet. This is untrue. I had not responded Yes to any offer on the Internet. I don't recall that there was even a pop-up making an offer.

I have spoken with Phonelinx customer service several times. The first time on September 26th to someone named Natasha (they had already charged my debit card). She said that she would cancel the trial but it would take up to 2 billing cycles of my debit card to show up as re-imbursed. I called again a couple of weeks later to confirm and was told that unfortunately my refund had not been processed until October 9th and that it would take up to 2 billing cycles from that date. Nothing has been refunded to date and I have tried calling againg but always get a message that "We are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later". If you try to call the Gloablinx customer service number (1-877-777-3515) you get the same message.

Gary
Thornton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2002 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/phonelinx-globalinx/mclean-virginia-22101/phonelinx-globalinx-ripoff-billed-for-services-not-requested-mclean-virginia-37619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content