Complaint Review: RAC Acceptance

• RAC Acceptance
    1411 Airway Blvd.
    El Paso , Texas
    USA

RAC Acceptance RAC Smoothed-Talked me Into "Applying For In-Store Credit"! El Paso Texas

*Author of original report: RAC Customer Uncare Service

*UPDATE Employee: Hi - I work at RAC

*Consumer Comment: You forgot about...

My family and I went to purchase a bedroom set for my daughter at Ashley Furniture Store but since I didn't have all of the money for it, I applied for credit but was denied. The sales man (very sneaky) said not to worry because I could also qualify for "in-store credit"! That's when he directed us to an office and a man came out with an RAC Acceptance application for me to fill out. After I filled it out, they told me that I got accepted for in-store credit.

When we got home, we looked over the contract and found out that we would end up paying about $4000 for furnitture that was worth only about $1300!! This was on Saturday evening, so when we called back on Monday morning to cancel, they said that it was too late to cancel or taht we had to pay $436 just to cancel!!! Three weeks later I got a letter in the mail welcoming to the RAC Acceptance BEnefits Plus Membership, which I never apllied for! I was never refunded an initial down-payment of $80 that I left behind, so I'm assuming that they used it to eroll me in this "membership."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rac-acceptance/el-paso-texas-79925/rac-acceptance-rac-smoothed-talked-me-into-applying-for-in-store-credit-el-paso-tex-1049075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

RAC Customer Uncare Service

AUTHOR: Jorge Mendoza - ()

I appreciate you suggesting that I call RAC Customer Care Service, but when I did call, they wouldn't hear me out! I hadn't even recieved the furniture! It was Saturday evening when we were there and I called back on Monday during the day and that's when they told me that it was too late for me to cancel anything! They told me that I had 24 hours to cancel and that it was past that. NO ONE TOLD US THAT!! I even asked about getting my $80 dollars back and they said "NO", that I had a balance due! FOR NOTHING!!!!

Hi - I work at RAC

AUTHOR: RAC Employee - ()

Hi – I work at RAC and I regret to hear about the issues you’ve been having with RAC. I know that our Customer Care Team would really appreciate some more feedback from you. Please give them a call at 1-800-422-8186. Thanks!

You forgot about...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

....the Sales Tax and CRV.

That $0.99 soda had an extra $0.05 in CRV and an extra $0.09 in Sales Tax.  That means that you $0.99 soda actually cost about $1.13, taking that away from the $21 you end up with $19.87 available for your gas.

As for the $0.04 that gets reset once you start pumping and you should always wait until it resets to $0.00 if it didn't reset you should not have started pumping and informed the cashier.