Complaint Review: Radioshack

Canada
  • Phone: 613-5466527
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

I bought a jvc mx-gt88 stereo from Radioshack in Kingston Ontario in the first week of January. A couple of weeks later I was having problems with the cd player so I thought i would ask for a refund. However when I took it back they said that they will not give me a refund for they had somehow written in pencil "no refund" even when the company clearly states it will give a 30 day refund. Tthey said that the best they could do was repair it.

Reluctantly I sent it to repair. I have called them a number of times and asked them on the progress of my stereo system but they have been ignoring my calls and have yet to give detailed information as to when I could get my stereo back. My advice to people is not to buy from Radioshack for not only are they rude and make you feel unwanted around there after you have paid them but also care less about customer support

Waqar
kingston, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2004 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/radioshack/kingston-ontario/radio-shack-ripoff-do-not-buy-from-them-for-not-only-are-they-rude-and-make-you-feel-unwan-80719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Repair Lag can be the Stores Fault

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Sometimes the employees forget to send your Item to repair. The Store is responsible to send the Item Via UPS or FedEx. As for Cellular repairs, I recomend taking it to one of the carriers corp. stores. Even if you purchased it at RadioShack, the Carriers store will still honor the repair, as long as the manuafacturers warranty is still valid.

Canada EH? Please whatever you think, do NOT confuse RadioShack in CANADA with RadioShack in the US.

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

RadioShack Canada is owned by CIRCUIT CITY, not by RadioShack the former TANDY CORP. Too bad you live in Canada, you certainly got the short end of the stick. TANDY spun off your countries RadioShacks because Canadians were draging down stock for shareholders. If you need to complain about RadioShack in your country try complaing to the global power that is CIRCUIT CITY. They are the reason behind your troubles. They basicly ceased all customer support processes that were in place by INTAND (Tandy Corps international division) when they aqcuired them. Oh and CIRCUIT CITY sucks just as much in the US as it does in CANADA!!!!!!

Call the repair center not the store

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Many times customers call the stores asking about the status of their repairs, but once they have been sent off to repair we do not know what the status is. All that we know is if it is in the repair center, but if you as a customer has a question about your item then you can call the repair center yourself. There is a number on your receipt and they will tell you the status of your items.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AT RADIO SHACK

AUTHOR: Bradley - (U.S.A.)

I had a similar experience at radio shack where they were supposed to be fixing something but were actually holding it hostage. Only after threats and an actual letter to the bbb did I get a refund. Good luck.