Complaint Review: Rheem Manufacturing Company

• Rheem Manufacturing Company
    2600 Gunter Drive East
    Montgomery, Alabama
    United States of America

Rheem Manufacturing Company Sold me a defective water heater through Home Depot. Montgomery, Alabama

I purchased a new 40 gallon natural gas water heater from Home Depot. I installed the unit and connected the water pipes and the gas line.

I followed the instructions on how to light the pilot light, but after several attempts I could not get the pilot to light. That leaves me with a non working piece of equipment that I cannot even check over because the screws on the Burner Access Door require a special screwdrive to remove the door so that the main burner and pilot burner can be examined.

In the manual that came with the heater it states that if you need service you should contact the installer or plumbing contractor. I am the installer and I have installed hundreds of hot water heaters and this is the first time I've encountered a problem. If Rheem manufacturers equipment that can only be repaired by certain people the they should only sell said equipment through the people that are able to do the repairs.

I'll never purchase another Rheem product and I'm not happy with Home Depot because they are also responsible for selling this junk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rheem-manufacturing-company/montgomery-alabama-36109-1413/rheem-manufacturing-company-sold-me-a-defective-water-heater-through-home-depot-montgome-1043833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content