ED Magedson – Founder
Rockstar Subscription AgencyPeoria, Illinois USA
Rockstar Subscription Agency effective scam of military donations via fast talking door to door sales Peoria Illinois
Was visited by direct sales rep. saying he is earning points for a trip for school. He is learning communication and marketing skills, I believe. He is earning a trip by visiting enough people and documenting the visit. He asked what I do for a living, was very engaging and a fast talker. I recall a few high fives and he said he is trying to get a trip to Amsterdam.
He asked if I had ever been there - which I have. High five again. He asked if I had something for him to write on and said that he just needed to take down my info. to prove that he had visited. I let him step inside and as it turns out his pen didn't even work. I grabbed a pen and he begins to show me a picture that was pretty torn up looking. I should have known then.
This picture I thought was a picture of some soldier, but didn't really get a good look at it because he kept taking it away while he was talking about donating magazine subscriptions to soldiers overseas. He has alot of friends over seas.
He had a list of names of soldiers to send the subscription too. He kind of freaked me out then and I thought maybe he was on crack as he was talking so fast and kept switching subjects all over the place. I just wanted him out at that point. I am a sucker for this kind of scam as I truley do feel that more should be done for our military.
He then started filling out the slip of paper and shows me the magazine subscriptions...why didn't I stop him then. I guess because I didn't realize that he had just gotten in the door with a lie about only needing my name and next thing you know I am filling out a form to make a donation to soldiers via magazine...that being said, I can think of a few things soldiers overseas might like more than a magazine subscription.
Anyways, so I am filling it out and he writes down the price - says, you don't want a magazine subscription do you? You wont read any of these...there he got me. You just want to donate don't you, Ma? Weird...but had.
As he walks away so quickly, I am thinking what the heck just happened here. I go to look for him outside and low and behold, he has disappeared....of course.
1) you can never know for sure that the military gets the subscription
2) they did not fill out the forms all the way - so it looks like if I hadn't already cancelled the subscription - mailed it off certified mail with delivery confirmation and return receipt, made copies of everything, put a stop payment on my check, ----I would be the one receiving "Bowhunter America"...are you flipping kidding me?
3) I am so angry that I was had by this scam and hope among hope that I see this individual again so I can tell him to go to school for marketing....instead of being involved in a scam selling magazines.
4) He told me my donation would give me a receipt to be tax deductible....but then asked if that was right even after knowing I work with corporate taxes....sigh.
5) I am considering going to the better business bureau - and will be wanting the stop payment fee for my check back as well. It is the principal of the matter at this point...I feel it is unethical to do this kind of business.
Do not allow these types of scam artists to get one word in or they will be out the door with your personal financial information in hand...I suppose now I will have to cancel all of my accounts...what a great Saturday!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2013 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rockstar-subscription-agency/peoria-illinois-61615/rockstar-subscription-agency-effective-scam-of-military-donations-via-fast-talking-door-t-1059410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.