Report: #173947

Complaint Review: Roni Lynn Deutch

  • Submitted: Mon, January 30, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 30, 2006
  • Reported By: Goleta California
  • Roni Lynn Deutch
    4815 Watt Avenue
    North Highlands, California
  • Phone: 1-800-304-7267
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Roni Lynn Deutch takes advantage of desparte hard-working people, ripoff! North Highlands California

*Consumer Comment: You can also file an offer in compromise without the help of a lawyer

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I agree with the previous writer who expressed this law firm is a big waste of money! I'm sure the firm would claim customer dissatisfaction is the result of a disgruntle few who have an en-ability to provide honest information.

Nothing could be farther from the truth! I have been dealing with this firm for four years! I had to continually resubmit info because of the time lapses between the IRS and the firm.

The firm always blames the IRS. Your case is never judged on your current situation. So much time lapses that they request updated information over and over again.

A vicious circle. You pay the law firm upfront anywhere from $1500 to 2,000. You pay in small increments of $250.
I was charged $500 when I moved within my own city. Their accounting people are rude and demanding when they want your money.

You gather all the paper work. You never talk to an attorney. All they do is pass on your information to the IRS. They do not advise you on anything.

This last four years have been hell! My situation started with a pre-mature withdrawal from my own retirement money when my company down-sized and I lost my job.

I could not repay the funds before huge penalties and interest.$7,000 with constant accruing penalties and interest. I hired the firm in desperation to get the penalties stopped and reduce the amount.

All of this was a waste of money. I should have just payed the IRS for the rest of my life! Now my offer is rejected after four years because they waited nine months to make a decision on my last wave of current information. The IRS assumed I had the money to pay it by now.

Now I have to pay four years of penalties that were on hold because of this case! It will probably be $10,000 or more now. Plus I am out the $1500 I payed this rip-off firm.

It makes me wonder if they are not working with the IRS to rip you off.

I am a honest hard-working person barely making ends meet. It seems if you have a job and your not homeless, there is nothing this place can do for you.

Wealthy people have loop-holes. The very low income have assitance. But, The "average joe" in the middle of the road is played for a fool! We foot the bill! This has ruined a large portion of my life. I will NEVER forget this as long as I live.

Goleta, California
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2006 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

You can also file an offer in compromise without the help of a lawyer

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

I was in the exact same situation as you except that out of fear of getting messed up by the IRS becuase of the money I owed I didn't file a tax return for about 5 years. By the time they caught up with me I owed them about $50 grand, mostly in interest and penalties.

Here's a tip: The best thing to do is to call the IRS and try to work something out. I always found them very easy to deal with. They'll get a financial statement from you (They take your word for the info unless it's completely unrealistic) and if your expenses are pretty close to your income they'll mark the debt as currently uncollectible and leave you alone. After 10 years the debt goes away. Seems like a long time but trust me, it's really not. You'll have a hard time buying anything on credit if they filed a lien, but you're probably already in that situation.

You can also file an offer in compromise without the help of a lawyer. You might enlist the services of an accountant to help with the forms, but I sure wouldn't use a lawyer to do it.

In my experience, they want to help you get out of the situation as much as you want to be out. The last thing the IRS wants is to see a story in the paper about someone who shot himself because the IRS was dogging him. If someone goes to prison on an IRS rap, it's usulally becausehe was a criminal and that's all they could get him on.
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.