Complaint Review: ShadowShopper.com

• ShadowShopper.com
    8203 Willow Place South, Suite 230
    Houston, Texas

ShadowShopper.com ripoff fraudulent billing unauthorized charges Houston Texas

I recently submitted a trial membership for Shadowshopper.com. which was like $5 or something. I looked at my bank statement and there was a WITHDRAWL FORM MY ACCOUNT (unauthorized) for with a $59, which is the charge for a year membership to this website.

I immediately contacted my bank letting them know this was an unauthorized charge. I have sent several emails to shadowshopper.com and have not had any replies.

I also find it ironic that this company who solicites jobs for rating customer service in other companies has such poor customer service. I have found their customer service department one of the poorest I have ever had to deal with.

They hide membership cancellation instructions to prevent people from closing their subscription, thereby automatically signing them up for a year and charging unapproveds upon fees.

Jolynn
Douglassville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2004 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shadowshoppercom/houston-texas-77070/shadowshoppercom-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-unauthorized-charges-houston-texas-88503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content