Complaint Review: Siskin Enterprises Inc
Siskin Enterprises Inc AKA PermaPlate Warranty Compliance Salt Lake City Utah
*UPDATE Employee: PermaPlate Response
I purchased a vehicle in March 2010 from the Chrysler Dealership on 16406 N. 26th Avenue, Phoenix AZ, 85023 (Power Chysler, Jeep Dodge) as part of the sells package I was asked if I wanted to purchase the Appearance Plus Package from PermaPlate. After hearing about the product I decided to add it to the purchase at a cost of $499.00. In April, approximately the 15th I noticed some spots on my front bumper and contacted PermaPlate to fix as that was suppose to be part of their warranty. After providing approximate dates, I was notified by PermaPlate with the following statement: “In the interest of customer care and service, we are willing to inspect and possibly repair the damage existing at this time. Should a repair take place, we will unable to assist further if the damage cannot be rectified.” I received and e-mail notifying me of this on April 24, 2013. I contacted the Power Chrysler where I bought my vehicle and the PermaPlate package and informed them of my dissatisfaction. Shortly, a couple of day later I got a call from a PermaPlate Representative who attempted to explain their 30 day notification requirement. I explained to the representative, that when I spoke to the reporting party the initial date I gave was an approximate, as stipulated on their complaint form. I also addressed my concern about the fact that they had added on two additional days to my actual reporting date. I expressed I thought this was fraudulent and an attempt to make sure I did not meet the 30 day window, thus absolving them of the claim.
My complaint with PermaPlate is simple, they have engaged in a litany of tactics that are designed to discourage people from pursuing a legitimate claim.
- Contacted them on 18 April after discussing what I saw with my dealership, they report I contacted them on 22 April--setting me outside the 30 day window
- Received a letter from PermaPlate on 24 April stating I compromised the contract and they are not obligated to the service. Signature required for waiver of rights.
- I contacted PermaPlate via phone and let them know of my dissatisfaction with the letter and requested someone contact me.
- Did not hear back from PermaPlate for quite sometime, but did get a call from a local detailer that asked to look at my vehicle on May 17, 2013 (Geraldo). He informed me that the damage to my vehicle was beyond his expertise.
- On June 3, 2013 I contacted PermaPlate as an excessive amount of time had elapsed without hearing from anyone. I spoke with Laura and asked about my claim; Laura stated they had not received any information from Stewart Detailing (Geraldo) and that she would contact them. Once PermaPlate received the information they would get back in contact with me.
- Received a letter from PermaPlate on June 13, 2013 again claiming that I did not file within their 30 day limit, but in the interest of good customer service would offer me $150.00 as long as I sign a statement releasing them of further damage.
- Contacted PermaPlate on June 19, 2013 and talked to Germaine, and told her I would not accept the offer and wanted to talk with someone higher in the authority chain.
- I received a call from Holly on June 26, 2013, again claiming I violated the 30 day report requirement. As I discussed the issue with Holly she stated I was not going to get my entire car painted, I told her that was not what I was looking for, and I simply wanted my front bumper fixed. Holly then stated I could go and get an estimate for repair and as long as it was under $150.00 PermaPlate would fix it. She also informed me that because the car was used PermaPlate was not obligated to fix it. I asked to speak to her boss.
- Received a call from Brett on June 28, 2013, he again stated I violated the 30 day report period and basically stated there was nothing he could do.
PermaPlate has lost sight of their mission and I believe has engaged in tactics designed to discourage people from pursing a claim. By the way these same tactics were not present when they initially took my money. I would not recommend PermaPlate products to anyone if this is how they are going to conduct business.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/siskin-enterprises-inc/salt-lake-city-utah-84104/siskin-enterprises-inc-aka-permaplate-warranty-compliance-salt-lake-city-utah-1062916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: