Complaint Review: Suntasia Marketing
- Suntasia Marketing
- Phone: 727-4710276
- Category: Travel Agents
Suntasia Marketing Ex-employee who became aware of the scam ripoff Clearwater Florida
Some things I learned right off the bat:
1. They hire everyone who walks in the door including people with criminal records and no high school degree/ GED:I was still in high school when I started working there. They were aware but didn't seem to care as long as I made "sales", which I thought was cool at the time even though I knew it was illegal.
2. They knew what had to be in writing and worded a certain way: a ton of paperwork has to be filled out and signed including permission to reduce your paycheck/ hourly rate at will, deduct cost for equipment, etc.
3. Management consists of people who've worked there the longest not people who are certified
4. Personal information is thrown around like casual conversation: When you walk into the calling rooms it's loud and bustling with music and yelling. There is a routing guy. His job is the listen to the reps yell out bank names and cities then look it up on a program and yell the routing number back to the rep where he would then put it in the computer and use it as leverage to retrieve a bank account number from a customer.
5. Employee turn-over rate is high: like 2 out of 10 new hires actually stay for the rest of the week. Room managers are constantly changing. If the "numbers" aren't high enough they just promote someone and demote the current manager and everyone's supposed to take to it like nothing has changed.
6. You are trained to be vague with the information given to the customer:I was given a script to read from and a few rebuttals. This is all the information I would need to do my job and make the necessary "sales" to reach my quota of at least 4 a day. I was told to make things sound a certain way when I was reading so that the customer thinks they're getting something for nothing. Everything you are taught is to fool the customer. "If [customer] doesn't call to cancel, [customer] will be charged".
From the time I spent there I not only learned the tricks of the trade, but i also learned I was just another mouse in there trap: doing something for nothing.
On most days people couldn't wait to leave work. On paycheck day people would stay up to an hour after complaining and arguing about their pay and how money was missing or they didn't get what was coming to them. I soon was one. I had numerous problem with not getting paid on "sales" I'd made 2 weeks prior as well as "bonus" money that was nowhere to be found. Their answer: "Sorry, no paper trail." My answer was to find a new job.
For anyone who has questions, I have answers (that don't consist of "no paper trail") and would love to help in anyway possible.
kenneth city, Florida
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2007 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/suntasia-marketing/clearwater-florida-33771/suntasia-marketing-ex-employee-who-became-aware-of-the-scam-ripoff-clearwater-florida-263245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: