Complaint Review: Systrum Energy

1 Bergen Blvd
    Fairview, New Jersey
    USA

Systrum Energy Extreme Price Gouging Fairview New Jersey

I signed up with Systrum Energy on 01/25/13 as a alternate energy supplier under NJ deregulation law. The start rate was .0878 per Kh and although variable, they stated it was very steady. I noticed a few months later the rate moved up to .0925.

When I received my Feb 2014 bill the Systrum Energy rate was .3025 more than three times the normal rate. There was no letter in the mail or phone call stating the price was going up and did I want to cancel. I did receive a letter from Atlantic City Electric my electric deliverer stating that Systrum Energy was no longer going to carry residential homes and that Systrum would no longer be my supplier.

I tried calling Systrum Energy numerous times, but received the voice message that all lines were busy and would have to email them at sales@systrumenergy.com for immediate help. I received an email asking for my full name and address an if I wanted to cancel my contract. When I originally signed up with Systrum Energy the rep on the phone assured me that there is no cancellation fee if I decided to cancel because there is no contract involved.

I emailed back asking Systrum to call me, but they never did. I also asked them to adjust the rate because I felt it was price gouging and was very unfair and asked them to respond if they were going to adjust the rate. I never heard from them again. They won't respond to my calls or further emails to confirm or not.

This is a black mark on all the small suppliers in the market today because now I will never try to save money on my electric bill by going with one of these alternate energy suppliers. I am sure there are others out there who have experienced the same thing. I will stick with (((competitor's name redacted))) from now on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/systrum-energy/fairview-new-jersey-08080/systrum-energy-extreme-price-gouging-fairview-new-jersey-1123661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content