Complaint Review: The Tax Club

• The Tax Club
    350 Fifth Ave, Suite 6015
    New York, New York

Here is my story with The Tax Club:

I received a call from Tax club back in Jan. 07, I was told that tax club will prepare my business as well as indvidual taxes for one time payment of $1018.99 and a monthly fee. I figured in long term it would be cheaper than paying a CPA, so I signed up with them unfortunatly without researching it (since the offer was not going to be avaliable to me on later date!)
Dring my intial appoitment, they sold me "Advantage Corp" ($1295 & monthly fee $49.95)& "Corporate record" ($149.95 & monthly fee $6.95).

During my 2nd appintment(under title of "document analyis") they wanted to sell me another service for $1149....

I didn't agree to buy that & the next day I spend all day to get through to tax club & asked to receive copy of their "engagement letter" that I should have received it back in Jan.

After reviewing it, I placed phone calls & emails to get in touch with them to find out what did they mean by "dedication to paperless processing of returns by using the Virtual Tax Organizer" on the form that I had to sign! Did it mean to pay $1149? After 8 days not hearing from them I cancled the service & asked to be refunded since I had not signed their contract & they didn't provid me with any service.

I got an email confirming my cancelation, but nothing about the refund. After two emails, I place dispute through my credit card & on 5/15/07 I received an email from tax club for me to sign & agree to get only $416 from 1018.99!

I called FTC (877/382-4357) & filed a report w/ them, I am planning to contact NY BBB (212/533-6200). Tax club didn't prepar my taxes. I am entitled to full refund! Please feel free to call me 209/5791587 so that we can take class action agaist them. Please let me know if "Advantage Corp." & "Corp. Record" are in fact same company as The Tax club.

Nobella
Modesto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2007 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-tax-club/new-york-new-york-10118/the-tax-club-scamed-by-the-tax-club-let-us-take-legal-action-make-sure-to-report-them-to-249233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content