Complaint Review: Travelocity.com

• Reported By: rf — Edina
  • Travelocity.com

Internet
    United States of America

Travelocity.com Don't disclose that you will be charged extra for seat assignments, Internet

I just did a search on Kayak for flights to Italy through Kayak and thought, mistakenly, that when they offered to allow you to book through Kayak.com that you were booking through the airline -- they used to transfer you to the airline to book.  Instead, I ended up booking through Travelocity.com, who informed me they could not assign me seats.  Nowhere is this disclosed at the time of booking.

The email from Kayak.com told me to to call the airline to book the seats. I called Travelocity first, which is the number Kayak gives you to contact for questions -- Kayak doesn't include any.  After a half hour on the phone in various states of hold and in talking to an offshore rep who could do nothing, I called British Airways and checked their website.  Undisclosed in the booking info, to get seat assignments I had to pay $232 to British Airways, on top of the $3,000 for the tickets.  Nowhere did Travelocity or Kayak tell me there would be an additional charge to get seat assignments more than 24 hours before my flight.  TOTAL RIPOFF.

I am never using either Travelocity or Kayak again.  Service means nothing from them -- stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travelocitycom/internet/travelocitycom-dont-disclose-that-you-will-be-charged-extra-for-seat-assignments-inter-1041533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content