Complaint Review: TrustFax

• TrustFax

Internet
    United States of America

TrustFax J2 Global Communications online fax service Internet

After an unwarranted 70% rate increase, I called Trustfax to cancel my service. After a 2.5 hour hold on the phone I was finally able to reach an individual. 25 more minutes later I was told that my account would be canceled as of that day, Feb. 5. Feeling insecure about the process, I had already removed my credit card information from the account.

On March 11 I received an Email from Trustfax stating that there was an error in processing my credit card. I called and (after another 2 hours on hold) was told that that there was no record of me closing the account, but he (Bill G. wouldn't give his full name) would resolve the situation for me.

On March 12 I got another note stating that my account was on hold pending verification of my credit card information. I responded to the letter showing the reference number given the previous day.

On March 13  I got another note that my account had been cancelled.

On march 15 I got another note that my account had been cancelled, and they apologized for the error.

On March 15 I received another note that my new credit card information had been received and my account was active again. I have no idea where they got my new credit card information. I responded with yet another letter, quoting their letters, along with a threat to contact legal council should they attempt to charge my account.

Today, March 20 I received yet another note from Trustfax stating that my account was canceled as of the 13, and the balance for March was outstanding.

It appears that they will now try to extort one more months service fee from me, or ruin my credit trying. I suppose the only way to detach oneself from Trustfax is to retain an attorney, which is what I will need to do now......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trustfax/internet/trustfax-j2-global-communications-online-fax-service-internet-856554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content