Complaint Review: U-haul

• Reported By: Duluth Minnesota
  • U-haul
    4723 Miller Trunk Highway
    Duluth, Minnesota

U-haul Contract fraud, Gas scam, repair scam, 100's of $ lost Hermantown Minnesota

My experience with this U-Haul in Hermantown, MN is by far the worst, and most fraudulent business transaction I've taken part in. I rented one of their trucks to move my 1-bedroom apartment. I only made one trip, one way, and the total miles I traveled was 28 miles. They want to charge me about $100 in gas, even though they themselves admit I only traveled 28 miles, and they want to charge me to pay for all repairs to their truck's engine because it won't start after I returned it.

I returned the truck and it was working fine for the few hours I used it. It's clear the truck was starting while it was in my possession because I was able to return the truck. I wouldn't have been able to return it if it had the problem while it was in my possession. This is common sense.

Now I'm facing $100's to $1000's in repairs for a problem that occurred after the truck was returned, plus near $100 in gas I didn't use. I am currently planning to take them to court to get a full refund, and re-sue them afterward for attempting fraud. I would never recommend U-haul to anyone. It will only make your move 10 times more stressful and expensive.

U-haul = U-GetRippedOff
Duluth, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 10:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/u-haul/duluth-minnesota-55811/u-haul-contract-fraud-gas-scam-repair-scam-100s-of-lost-hermantown-minnesota-407065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content