Complaint Review: UrbanQ.com

• Reported By: Denver Colorado
  • UrbanQ.com
    385 Pearsall Avenue,
    Cedarhurst, New York

UrbanQ, UrbanQ.com ripoff deceptive company victimized many consumers Cedarhurst New York

I purchased several items from UrbanQ in April 2001, and I received the merchandise. I then sent in rebate forms for the merchandise. I only bought merchandise where the prices were reasonably in line with retail, because I was aware of the escalating problem at CyberRebate, which charged exorbitant prices with no apparent viable business plan.

UrbanQ acknowledged these rebate submissions were properly received, but "there was a longer delay than usual in processing the batch of checks that show a "sent" status on your account. As previously stated, there was a printing problem and we could not be sure which checks were sent and which were not."

I sent a complaint to the Long Island Better Business Bureau in March 2002. In May 2002, they let me know that they had contacted UrbanQ twice, without any response. They suggested contacting the Bureau of Consumer Frauds & Protection - NYC, LI. I did this in September 2002.

I've sent and received additional correspondence with UrbanQ several times, with them repeatedly saying, "give us time to work this out".

John
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2002 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/urbanqcom/cedarhurst-new-york/urbanq-urbanqcom-ripoff-deceptive-company-victimized-many-consumers-cedarhurst-new-york-37025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content