Complaint Review: US passport online

• US passport online
    3309 northlake Blvd. Ste. 102
    palm beach gardens, Florida
    USA

US passport online, LLC charged $216.00 per hour to mail my passport info to State department palm beach gardens Florida

I was charged an initial $129 to download two .pdf files of their instructions - the same instructions available on US Passport website. I noted on their application survey that I did not plan to travel until later this year.

I was still required to do all of the steps for gathering photos & documents and completing the government passport application,  I was then required to take all of the documents to the Post Office (Acceptance Agent) then mail the sealed accepted package to US Passport Online in Florida. From there, they would "expedite the application".

Their website touts:  "Get your U.S. passport online, quickly and easily!"  And :  "Authorized by the U.S. Department of State to Expedite your Passpor".

The initial payment and two worthless .pdf files downloaded were the only "online" parts of the process.

I do not plan to complete my application with US Passports Online, LLC, as the completed process would cost a FedX charge plus an additional $35 for nothing.  I can go to the Post Office and they will mail it for free...

Their claim that you can get your passport online is beyond misleading - it is false.    R i p o f f

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-passport-online/palm-beach-gardens-florida-33403/us-passport-online-llc-charged-21600-per-hour-to-mail-my-passport-info-to-state-depart-1050122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content