• Report: #692144
Complaint Review:


  • Submitted: Mon, February 07, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

  • Reported By: VA DCSE HARRASSMENT — Newport News Virginia United States of America
11751 Rock Landing Drive, Suite H-4 Newport News, Virginia United States of America

VA DCSE Va Dept of Child Support Enforcement is claiming over $50K in back child support from 10 years, which has been paid directly to the custodial parent Newport News, Virginia

*General Comment: Change in Payee

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: DCSE VA LIES

*Consumer Suggestion: I am Starting A Non Profit Organization to Fight for Non Custodial Parents Rights. Located in Hampton VA and TriCities

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

Let me take you back to 2002 when I switched jobs. At my previous job the child support was automically taken from my paycheck. When I started my new job I sent a letter to my ex and VA DCSE explaining that I had switched companies and would pay her child support - in full - before the first of every month. I have NEVER been late with a payment for the past 9 years.
Roll forward to Jan 2011. She decides she needs more money - ok fine - I tried to negotiate with her to no avail - she wanted to take it back to court hoping the judge would not be so "hard" on her this time since she still doesn't have a job (hasn't had a job in over 10 years!!). We go to court - they tell her she has to set up an appointment with VA DCSE. 2 weeks later I am getting all of the "nasty grams" stating that I am behind $56k in child support. I call VA DCSE immediately, they stated since she "opened" a case it triggered the computer that they had not received any money for the past 9 years. SERIOUSLY??? I explained to them I had paid the mother directly for the past 9 years. VA DCSE then told me the mother could claim that money I sent her every month was a GIFT and I would still be liable for the arreage. UNREAL?? I have made 3 trips to the field office and 4 phone calls stating I want to appeal this matter. Guess what? NO ONE has called me back, but to date I have 5 nasty grams telling me what they are going to do, i.e. garnish my wages, freeze my bank account, take away my drivers license, seize my tax returns, and the list goes on.
I asked them on several occasion if they had the "common sense" to contact the CUSTODIAL parent to see if in fact I had ever fallen behind or missed a payment. You guessed it - they have never contacted her - just have me living in fear that everything I have worked for will be taken away although I have been a law abiding, child support paying citizen.
This seems to me like a violation of civil rights somewhere!! I do not know where to go or what to do from this point because DCSE surely isn't forth coming with any help or assistance. I will make my 4th appearance in their office tomorrow and I suspect I will receive my 6th nasty gram within 2 days of that appearance.
I do not make a ton of money, but I have always made sure my child received his support...now I am being harrassed and threatened for a law I didn't even break! What happened to "innocent until proven guilty??" I am sure there are other non-custodial parents who have had the same issues with the VA DCSE....any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/va-dcse/newport-news-virginia-23662/va-dcse-va-dept-of-child-support-enforcement-is-claiming-over-50k-in-back-child-support-f-692144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VA DCSE

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 2Consumer 1Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 General Comment

Change in Payee

AUTHOR: InGodWeTrust - ()

 I know this is an older report and hopefully it has been worked out by now. However, you mentioned that you notified DCSE 9 years previous that due to job change, you would be paying the mother directly. Did your case close with DCSE at this time? The non-custodial parent cannot close the case unless they opened it, only the custodial parent can request closure, and DCSE would then collect anything due to the state, and if a child receives medicaid the case will not close, but current support would stop charging. Was money owed to the state for the mother receiving TANF? Generally, when cases are opened a change in payee is served on the non-custodial parent which explains all payments are to be made to DCSE, and any payments made directly to the custodial parent would be considered a gift. When cases close with DCSE, it does not terminate the order (court or administrative support order), and a Change in Payee is again served to the non-custodial parent instructing to make all payments to custodial parent (and if money owed to the state to pay that amount to DCSE). If your case closed, and she reopened it, a statement of payments would have been sent to custodial parent. That would be the custodial parents time to list all payments received from time closed to time reopened. Then a copy would be sent to you for review and dispute if necessary. If she said zero, and you have no receipts to prove payments, the amount will be added to your arrears.

Not everyone at DCSE is rude, and everyone has a boss, all the way up to your representative.

The best thing to do is respond to all mail immediately, keep your contact info updated, find out who is assigned to work your case and build a rapport with them. It is possible. If you dont understand why something is happening go to one the district offices. Also, keep yourself up to date on policies and procedures as they do change:



When all else fails get sound legal advice. If unable to hire an attorney due to cost, check out the Legal Aid Society:


Best of luck to you and your family.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds


AUTHOR: O - (United States of America)

    I have experienced the worse customer service of my life! I have been lied to repeatly by my case worker and her supervisor. I have been paying child support for over 14 years via witholding mostly. I have only been in arrears twice and was some kind of "glitch" in the system that caused it. But this last incident is something I have never heard of. I have been with my current full time employer of almost 8 years and my child support witholdings have been coming out twice a month. I started a second job and a second witholding was started for the full child support. So, they started witholding double the amount of my child support order. When I called to see what happened. I was told that the "computer" thought I had quit my full time job of over seven years and started a new job. It is hard for me to believe that the computer can think that well but dosn't see that it is still recieving the witholdings from the first job. This has been going on for several months. They have my money on hold and will not release it. Is there anyone I can go to about this? I am trying to contact them and I get put on hold. I plan on going down there on Monday, but something needs to be done because they are very rude, disrespectful and out right ugly.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I am Starting A Non Profit Organization to Fight for Non Custodial Parents Rights. Located in Hampton VA and TriCities

AUTHOR: Winning for Non Custodial Parents R - (United States of America)

 (Winning with Non Custodial Parents for Division of Child Support Family Initiative)     
My Name is Ms. Allen  I have a male friend  who DSCE is stating owes 125000 in back child support when we have evidence of fraud and supporting documentation, recently I have filed an appeal on his behalf and because I am a women who was in the system, therefore I understand the ins and outs. He is a great father to my son and has a daughter which he is current on all support owed with documentation;

Therefore, too many men are being taken away from their families due to unfair support orders and I want it to stop now.  I want to create a strong civil society of upstanding citizens that have fathers that are not being incarcerated and taken away from their families.
All too often Non Custodial Parents or the Absent Parents are unaware of their rights until its too late.  This is because the Welfare System and the DCSE are in it to win it.   DSCE has lawyers do you?    

I am attempting to start Non Profit because without the Absent Parent enjoying economic success single parents will continue to live in poverty. For Non Custodial Parents who dont pay child support or have no good explanation on why they are not paying, we are not the nonprofit for you. I am located in the Hampton Roads area and I want to get people to join so we can organize and shine a light on this taboo subject that is tearing families apart. Eventually I hope to raise enough money to hire lawyers for our fathers and help them to get fair and balanced judgments that allow men to still live productive lives with all children and custodial parents as a community. 
If you are an Absent Parent that wants to preserve your future and wants assistance, call The Non Custodial Parents for Child Support Family Initiative.  Here is a Preview of some of the things that will be discussed. How do I know this I receive benefits from the Division and I have received public assistance, I am now a college graduate and want the laws to be fair and balanced for everyone. I am starting this because I am tired of seeing good fathers get railroaded by the system and three other children made to suffer because of the unbalanced child support system.
Did you know that Non Custodial Parent behind in Child Support are likely to be incarcerated 10X over for Driving on Suspended License or other Criminal Offenses. Without a Valid

Drivers License you cannot:
Purchase a Vehicle
Drive Trucks
Become Independent and visit with children

Men fall Behind on Child Support:
-They are garnished and are unable to support other family members.
-Negative Credit Reporting (Lessened Financial Status)
-Unable to Find Work due to Credit Reporting
-Child Support is the only non forgivable debt it will appear on credit forever.
-You Can be Incarcerated for up to 12 months.

-Objective to assist Non Custodial parents with entails child support laws and claims are understood fully by the plaintiff.

- Assist Non Custodial Parents with establishing credit or establishing sufficient education to pay their child support obligation.

-Assist with understanding the court proceedings and Appeals based on relevant information.
-Assist with Written Appeals for incorrect amounts retroactive or otherwise.
- Inform of Non Custodial Parents rights in the prospective state.
-Formulate a Healthy relationship between the Custodial Parents and Division of Child Support Enforcement.

-Inform perspective parents of the benefits available from TANF during pregnancy to ensure both parents understand the law. How this may impact future employment or arrearages.

Depending on Response we will be setting up weekly meetings to discuss how we can make a difference.
We are a start up nonprofit organization that was started to help Non Custodial Parents being sought for child support and their rights in the states of Virginia.

These Services are available to the parents with little or no cost and we accept donation and want to become a multi state organization since Child Support is a program supported by the federal government.

Call me:

8049192609 ask for Ms. Allen if you have further Questions or Contact GoSolar2009@live.com.
Knowledge is Power together we are United Divided we fall
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?