Complaint Review: Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go

• Reported By: Dan — Sioux Falls South Dakota United States of America
  • Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go

Internet
    United States of America

Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go Misleading EULA for Unlimited Internet Access Internet

*Consumer Comment: All over their website

I purchased a Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go USB modem and Unlimited Service Package.  After 2 days I realized my connection speed had been throttled down to less than 600 kb/s.  I proceeded to contact Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go technical support (or lack thereof).  Where the technician told me that I had reached my limit of 2.5GB of downloads so my connection had been throttled to 256 kb/s.  When I asked where this information was stated in my EULA, the representative told me that she wasn't able to find it.  So I asked to speak to a supervisor, and the supervisor stated the same information the technician did (as a side note, if I wanted to hear a parrot speak I'd go visit my parents and listen to their bird).  So I asked the "supervisor" exactly where in the EULA does it state that Virgin has the right to throttle down my connection speed and she stated that it was on the first page where you chose the plan you wanted to use.  So once again I asked her where this information was stated in the EULA and she couldn't give me that information, mainly because it doesn't exist.  So I asked her to escalate the issue up her chain of command and she refused.  I stated that she could either escalate the issue up or I could file complaints with the South Dakota State's Attorney General and the Federal Communications Commission and the US Attorney General's Office.  The supervisor maintained her stance she would not escalate the issue so I will be filing complaints in the morning and let the pieces fall where they may.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2011 12:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/virgin-mobile-broadband2go/internet/virgin-mobile-broadband2go-misleading-eula-for-unlimited-internet-access-internet-810145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

All over their website

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

It says all over the place on this website that they will throttle you if you use an excessive amount of internet.

" As long as you're receiving coverage, average download speeds will be between 600-1400 Kbps, peaking at 3.1 Mbps and average upload speeds will be between 350-500 Kbps, peaking at 1.8 Mbps.

If you have reached the established threshold for your plan, your speeds will be reduced to 256 kbps or below for the remainder of your monthly cycle.  Speeds will be restored once a new plan is purchased. "