Report: #23925

Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend Of The Court

  • Submitted: Wed, July 03, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012
  • Reported By: Flat Rock Mich
  • Wayne County Friend Of The Court
    645 Griswold Detroit,Mich,
    Detroit, Michigan

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

I've paid out more than I owed in arrearage. If I'm lucky enough to get through to someone at the Wayne County Friend of the Court ( and I mean Lucky) they can't help me answer one question. I was told by the so called lawyer I had, that they know there is a problem. Thats all I ever hear!

My child support was stopped by Honorable Judge Claudia Morcom of Wayne County, Detroit,Michigan on June 02,1993 ,because my Ex-Wife took my son Dominik L. Juskusky out of state from the the Jurisdication of the Court.

April 02,2001 I received a letter stating I owed $2959.00 in back Child Support. I didn't do anything at that time.
Than in August,2001 Child Support started coming out of check every week without me being informed for the amount of $81.50/week ,this is putting a terrific burden on me financially.

I work for Ford Motor Co., so I contacted UAW? Ford Legal. I was informed from one of their attorneys that I owed $3845.00. My wife contacted an attorney last month . She's been down to the Wayne County Friend of the Court a couple of times and they admit there is something is wrong, but I still can't get anything settled .

When I called F.O.C recording said I now owed $1690.61 after I paid off the $3845.00.

I suffer with Bi-Polar Depression which sure isn't helping my health with all this problems with the Friend of the Court. We had to go Bankrupt a 1 1/2 ago because of of my Depression.

So I would appreciate it very much if there is anything that you could do to solve my problem.
Thank you very much.

Flat Rock, Michigan
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2002 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

I feel your pain

AUTHOR: FathersaginsttheFOC - (United States of America)

I feel for you both. Dont let anyone who is not involved with the wayne co. FOC make you feel bad. THEY HAVE NO IDEA! I had a hearing yesterday with a ref because she objected to the FOC lowering my child support and they let her and her attorney talk for most bof the time. She lied about things and left things out and I didnt even get to say hardly anything. I went into this saying to myself that I was going to stay calm and cool but that went right out the window when I was basiclly told that I was being punished for being flexible with my children's schedule and giving up parenting time for the "best interest of the child" so I was losing parenting time credits and thats when my voice got extremely loud and the sheriff's deputy came in and stood beside me!They dont care about the best interest of the child . They only care about the best interest of the custodial parent. The non-custodial parent has to work their asses off while the custodial parent gets to sit on their fat asses eeeeeeeeeven though they are capable of working a full-time job because the kids are at school and of age to care for themselves for a period of time. I hate the friend of the court and cant wait until I dont have to ever deal with them again. My advice to anyone is to bear the brunt of the cost for a lawyer because that is the only chance you have to get anything to go your way with those bunch of idiots!
Respond to this report!

#2 Consumer Comment

Even the 'Powers That Be' Don't Want to Deal with It

AUTHOR: jgunn03 - (United States of America)

I have just filed a 'rip-off' report against WCFOC.  You can read it if you want.I have contacted senators, reps, etc. & even THEY say WCFOC is all messed up & they sometimes even push my complaints on to other Powers That Be so they themselves don't have to deal with WCFOC.

I just heard from Sen. Caldwell's office & they outright told me that they probably wouldn't succeed in the endeavor, but they would try to help me by making calls to some 'people'.  But the fellow I was talking to kept telling me he has a hard time dealing with WCFOC because of the messed up situation concerning their lack of organization.

I wish you the best. 

Respond to this report!

#3 Consumer Comment

I disagree

AUTHOR: Sweetmate - (U.S.A.)

With all due respect, Eagle, I disagree with your statement that it's the person's responsibility to their first child first. My husband pays ALOT of money every month to his ex-wife, who works part-time, even though all her kids are in school all day. Our money does not go to my husband's son since he comes to our house and wants us to buy him the essentials she is supposed to be buying him, like clothes. Her parents even say they buy him everything and she does not spend the money on him. Also, we know the money is used for her other two children by her new husband, while I have trouble buying new things for my kids because we are basically supporting another family. The whole idea of child support is to HELP pay their needs, along with the other parent, not totally support them as is the case with almost 100% of child support cases I'm predicting. I don't buy the argument that my husband needs to help put a roof over his head and buy food for him since she would need shelter even if she didn't have him and would be buying food whether she had him or not. She'll have to pay her mortgage when the support ends. We don't mind HELPING but supporting a whole family because she is lazy and doesn't want to work full time is just wrong. My husband and I both work full time and can almost make ends meet and my kids do without alot of times because we are paying her, which is probably the case again with almost 100% of child support cases.Thank god that it all ends in May when his son turns 18. Then, if we choose to give money to his son, it's to him for what he needs and not to a bitter ex-wife. My bills and my kids are dealt with after the child support, not the other way around.
Respond to this report!

#4 Consumer Comment

Not to be rude, but $81.50 isn't that much for someone working at Ford.

AUTHOR: Eagle - (U.S.A.)

$81.50, honestly, doesn't seem like an outrageous amount to pay for someone who is working at Ford. I know you don't make DR'S wages but hey, I paid $40 a week for one child, my oldest, when I was only working 3 days a week, 6-8 hurs a day at $5.00 an hour. Everyone I know that works at Ford makes ALOT more than that. IS any of it arrearages and for how many children?

For the second family spouse, although I agree some parents do get ripped on the amount they pay, you also have to understand, they did have those other children BEFORE yours came along. I guess what I'm saying is, the other child has the same right to be supported by both parents based on the same parents earnings as your son and you do. Are both of you working? Is either one permanately disabled where you could qualify for disability?

I guess what really uspets me, is when the non custodial parent remarries and has other children and the spouse, not saying this is your case, but his/her new spouse comes off like their saying that because he/she has a child/children with you now, that the other child/children that were there before the other child/children came along should be supported with whatever is left over AFTER you and your child/children have what you need.

Remember, those children WERE their FIRST in most cases. Which means your spouse's first responsibilty is to help supplement the other parents income to help BOTH raise the first child/children, not just what is left over after your bills are paid.
Respond to this report!

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

What Wayne County is doing to my husband

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

Since Sept of 2005 my husband has been required to pay child support to wayne county for a child that lives in the state of alaska as well as paying child support to alaska for this child and now mind you that he and I havent lived in michigan in since 2001. Now he has no problem paying what he owes in back and current but at what point is it fair for 2 states to take out child support for the same child when niether him nor the child live there? Its to the point that my husband feels like crap because he cant support me and his 10 month old son. We cant get help from the state we current live in because he grosses to much money. I finally found a web site for the admin for children and families which governs child support nation wide and he's being assured that things will get resolved quickly but in the mean time we are living below the poverty level.
At what point does wayne county look and see what is going on? On top of all this it also seems that they want to fight with alaska about who has the right to make him pay child support. Its enough to make us both want to screw this crap and him work for a company that is going to make him do a 1099 so that he can pay the bills and child support on his own with out wayne county getting thier noses into this.
Respond to this report!

#6 Consumer Comment

In the same shoes

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

My child support was raised in May 2001,I paid a extra $100 a month until I paid $2800 to bring my child support up to date. I got my child support lowered in April 2002. Wayne county FOC said I owe $2600 in December 2002 and now they say I owe $3200 even after I got my support lowered and one year later they still have not lowered my child support from the first time they raised it. Wayne county FOC owes me $4100 as of April 2003 and that is building every month. I have sent letters, went downtown and now I am trying to deal with the state about this problem.
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.