Complaint Review: Webloyalty

• Reported By: Merrimack New Hampshire
  • Webloyalty
    101 Merritt 7,
    Norwalk,, Connecticut

Shopper Discount And Rewards Orbitz/web loyalty released my Debit card information without my permission to Shoppers discount resulting in a 12.00 charge per month being withdrawn from my account for six months. Norwalk, Connecticut

*UPDATE Employee: Click

Orbitz users BEWARE- Don't use a bank card to purchase tickets!

In March 2008, I booked a flight for my wife on Orbitz using my bank card. In December of 2008, I noticed that a debit of 12.00 was being withdrawn from my account every month by a company called Shopper Discount and Rewards. I do the majority of my banking online and this charge was small enough to slip below the radar.

I contacted Orbitz and asked if they sold my account information to Shoppers Discount and was told that I must have accepted some form of popup during or after purchase and they had no record of that transaction.

Calling Shopper Discount resulted in a rude and probably the most unpleasant experience I have ever had. I will not go into detail but when I asked for a full refund retro from March, I was put on hold and after 3/4 hour, I hung up.

This has been reported to the BBB. Yet another internet scam causing many hours of frustration, changing bank account numbers and wasted phone calls.

Ian
Merrimack, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2009 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/webloyalty/norwalk-connecticut-06851/shopper-discount-and-rewards-orbitzweb-loyalty-released-my-debit-card-information-without-407503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Click

AUTHOR: Orbitz Worker - (U.S.A.)

Okay, Orbitz did not send your info to another company without your permission to do so. When you book with orbitz.com after you can claim a 20 usd cash back on your next booking, and you probably seen that and said "WOW discount" well... you didn't read the fine print.. IF you don't cancel within 30 days you get charged 12 usd a month for the services, I used the same service and I work for orbitz and I canceled it without even being put on hold, all you have to do is use the automatic service..its simple, don't blame orbitz because you agreed to send your info to the other company!