Complaint Review: Whirlpool

• Reported By: Yuma Arizona
  • Whirlpool
    whirlpool.com
    Evansville, Indiana

On 7/15/05 I notified them of a defective A/C unit (the motor burned out) It was purchased 9/17/05 w an extended 5 yr warranty. I let them know that this is the second one that has done this in a year.

I got several emails back from them stating they would fix this even if it is not still under warranty. The appliance repair company we called said that ALL of these A/C's motors burned out, that there were no parts to repair it. Further that Whirlpool needs to just replace this A/C unit with one that works.

Again, Whirlpool said they would find the part & fix it. However, they have not answered my emails since 8/3/05; even after I emailed them that I was filing a report with the BBB. (which I did yesterday.)

This company should stand behind their products, correct the defects that cause these problems-or just stop selling junk altogether. They need to come forward and replace this unit, or re-imburse us for it.

Debra
Yuma, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2005 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/whirlpool/evansville-indiana/whirlpool-ripoff-evansville-indiana-159683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Amazing

AUTHOR: Debra - (U.S.A.)

Whirlpool actually sent us a replacement motor, apologized & paid to have it installed.

Everyone, CALL them, notify the BBB, stay on top of it. And get results.

Whirlpool rip off update

AUTHOR: Debra - (U.S.A.)

I hit the wrong key in my original posting. The A/C unit was purchased on 9/17/2004.