• Report: #418260
Complaint Review:

Winners International

  • Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2009

  • Reported By:brick New Jersey
Winners International
21 Tate St. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Winners International Douglas Davis Stacy Ann McKnight Tried to get me to send $475.00 via money gram or western union in order to receive my 2.5 million dollars I won Las Vegas Nevada

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

So I get a call today 1-30-09 from a man calling himself Douglas Davis with Winners International 876-482-3572. He has a very thick accent and proceeds to tell me I won third place in their sweepstakes and have won the prize in the amount of 2.5 million dollars. Right away I'm skeptical but curious so I pretend to go along with it.

He askes if he can deliver my prize to my home at 4:30pm tomorrow. I say sure. He askes if I want it public of private. I tell him public and he informs me the media will be there. I say ok. Then he gives me a "CONFIDENTIAL" number that I must hold on to and share with no one...1982vj.

He assures me the company is accredited with the BBB and Chamber of Commerce. He tells me there are various tax issuse that must be taken care of and that they will pay 90% of the cost for an accountant and that I must pay it back when I receive the prize. All I have to do is pay the remaining 10% in the amount of $475.00 via moneygram or western union.

I must send the $ to Stacy Ann McKnight 11 princess st. Montigo Bay Jamacia and that I must have the receipt available at the time of my prize delivery.(I'm thinking to myself yea I just might send my $ to an unknown overseas person hahaha yea right) He even told me not to mention my winning to the people at the western union as they would contact various charities who would be hounding me for my recently found millions.

I asked him for his website and he told me it was currently down but he gave me a number to the washington headquarters 202-715-2876. I called and a woman answered and imediatly placed me on hold after I asked my ?'s.

She gave me the address of their other office which was 21 Tate St. Las Vegas NV. Anyway I looked all over the internet to verify their claim of being legit and found nothing.

I then Found this site I now know my suspisions that I was being scammed were right.
These people need to be reported and taken down!

brick, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/winners-international/las-vegas-nevada/winners-international-douglas-davis-stacy-ann-mcknight-tried-to-get-me-to-send-47500-via-418260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Winners International

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.