Complaint Review: AAMCO TRANSMISSION

• Submitted: Thu, January 01, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
AAMCO TRANSMISSION
260 ANN ARBOR RD PLYMOUTH, Michigan U.S.A.

AAMCO TRANSMISSION DAN OR DAVE/OWNER DONT HONOR WARRANTY PLYMOUTH Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: We offer superior service....

I took my 2000 BMW to Ammco Feb/2008 to have my transmission rebuild. (30) days later I took it back to report a problem not shifting rite. Thay stated nothing is wrond. Ok came back (90)days later with. The same problem again thay say nothing wrong. I then took the car home and a few days later. I called them back and told them my car do not shift the way it should.

Took the car to BMW to have the trans reset on the comp- Thay stated take the car back to AAMCO. I did the tec test drove it and stated thats how it shift.The car was takeing there because it would not go into reverce. My warranty comp- wanted to put in a used trans- w/36000 miles on it. The owner @ AAMCO stated he would lost money doing that. because the warranty co.

Would only pay $800-$900 And that he thay could rebuild the trans for about $2,800.00 And warranty it for (1)year or 12000.miles Ok i took the car back on 12/30/2008 With less then 5000.miles into the warranty the car will not go into reverce again. Thay do not wante to honor the warranty he want to charge me money.

No way i have pitc & vidio of the fluid that came out of the car the day it was towed back to them. My next phone call will be to a lawer. Also when i first took my car to them in Feb/2008. Thay had only been open for about 2-3 weeks and my BMW was. The first BMW to be service there. PS.LAWERS please call me.YHANK YOU

Derrick
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2009 03:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-TRANSMISSION/PLYMOUTH-Michigan-48170/AAMCO-TRANSMISSION-DAN-OR-DAVEOWNER-DONT-HONOR-WARRANTY-PLYMOUTH-Michigan-406880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO TRANSMISSION

We offer superior service....

AUTHOR: Jason H. - (United States of America)

Dear Mr. BMW owner:

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.  As a company it is not our intentions to create any kind of service failures.  While there are always two sides to every situation, if you truly believe that your vehicle was not operating properly then we would like to genuinely apologize.  If you still have the vehicle and have service needs, we would gladly offer you immediate service and do a free inspection of the transmission to ensure the work you receive from us is of the highest quality.

Again, if you feel our services were lackluster, please know it is not our intentions to fail you as a customer.  We will stand behind our work and we will try to make it right.  Contact us any time....  Thank you.