• Report: #199013

• Submitted: Fri, June 30, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 30, 2006

• Reported By:San Jose California
Adorama Camera
42 West 18th Street , New York,, New York U.S.A.

Adorama Camera Toat Ripoff, Nonsense! New York, New York

I am actually shocked that there is only one complaint here given my recent history with this black-hole phenomenon named Adorama Camera, especially product and customer service issues. They really, really, are extremely tough to resolve issues with, they become gamey and conveniently forget, routinely, what your issue/problem was.

Truth is, the first several orders placed with Adorama; literally the first handful went through Amazon, not a single complaint, as they rocked, and I was sold! They started off very strong, and lulled me into false sense of security. At a certain juncture the whole experience took on an Alice in Wonderland spin, and it was downhill from there.

It's taken as long as two weeks to process a canceled order, no kidding. Money goes one way only; don't count on recovering a dime. When it comes to reconciling an order and there is a discrepancy, they are judge, jury and executioner, and I am willing to wager that 80% of people seeking resolution give up or are denied outright.

I believe, and it is my opinion, which is protected by the First Amendment and freedom of speech; I believe/have the opinion, the above described method of frustrating you until you give up, is actual policy! I believe this is happening to me as we speak!

I guess in the end, what matters is what's really important to you personally? Perhaps you enjoy battling with customer service instead of having some fun with photography? If you are into using that cool camera of yours, in a reasonable amount of time and want little hassle, at a decent price, look around! Lots of folks out there willing to take your money, make em earn your money, you did!

Buyer bewares here! The past week as been dismal, stupid, and I've witnessed firsthand ineptness at its finest! "What is it we were doing again? With hundreds of your dollars"!

Measure twice and cut once!!!

Happy Hunting,

JD
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2006 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adorama-Camera/-New-York-New-York-10011/Adorama-Camera-Toat-Ripoff-Nonsense-New-York-New-York-199013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adorama Camera