Complaint Review: Advanced Moving

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2003

• Reported By:Reedsport Oregon
Advanced Moving
4582 N. Hiatus Rd. Sunrise, Florida U.S.A.

Advanced Moving System ripoff, extortion, fraud, dishonest Sunrise Florida

*Author of original report: They refused to accept that check and that delayed delivery even further. I sent a new cashier's check

I was ripped off by this company a year ago. I didn't even know there was anything I could do about it. I even talked to an attorney with my legal plan and that didn't help. I just watched an episode of "What Should You Do?" on the Lifetime channel and it not only talked about the moving company ripoff, it actually named Advanced Moving System, Inc. by name. It said to contact my local District Attorney (but which one, where I moved from or where I am now?) and also mentioned that the FBI had indicted several companies. So I started online searching and found this website and info for the Miami FBI office. I filed a report with the FBI and want to correct a web address that was posted by someone else on this website. The correct Miami FBI website address is http://miami.fbi.gov Good Luck to us all!

Deborah
Reedsport, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2003 12:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Moving/Sunrise-Florida-33351/Advanced-Moving-System-ripoff-extortion-fraud-dishonest-Sunrise-Florida-70104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Moving

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

Since my belongings were held hostage for payment for 2 weeks, I contacted an attorney through my "legal plan" and was told to "pay now, sue later" and to print "Paid Under Protest" on the cashier's check I used for payment. They refused to accept that check and that delayed delivery even further. I sent a new cashier's check and it took another 2 weeks to get my stuff. I saved all the documentation I could get. I even have the inventory list (all copies) and the roll of green stickers used for each individual item that was shipped. My furniture arrived scarred, gouged, damaged and/or broken. A LOT of my belongings are MISSING including parts of my computer, my mattress, boxsprings, and frame, kitchen appliances, a box of shoes, and numerous other items. I want to be included in any class-action lawsuit that is filed.