Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Updated: Wed, April 27, 2011

• Reported By: KH — Poway California United States of America
American Home Shield
P.O. Box 849, Carroll, IA 51401-9901 Internet United States of America

American Home Shield Excellent at withdrawing money for premium ZERO SERVICE IN RETURN Internet

I have had a Home warrranty insurance policy for several years with this company. Today was the last straw! The have yet to repair or fix ANYTHING. Every service call ends with "Not Covered" AFTER they collect the $60 service fee. This time the told me to do what I needed to mitigate the damage from the leak until they get here. It hapened Monday at 7am. Reported it Monday at 7:10am. Their idea of good service- a guy showed today Wednesday after 2pm. This time it is not covered BECAUSE I took the steps to stop the leak!!!!! And now I have waited on hold with them for 45 minutes "because my call is important to them" to try and cancel the service.

Yes, they try andscare you about how things going wrong can cost thousands... I have paid 500$ a year and multiple service fees and have never had any work done... I think I like the odds on going without a warrranty on my 1959 house better. I KNOW that the money they collect is costing me thousands with zero returns

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2011 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/internet/American-Home-Shield-Excellent-at-withdrawing-money-for-premium-ZERO-SERVICE-IN-RETURN-In-722818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield