Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: Josh — Birmingham Alabama
American Home Shield
Nationwide USA

American Home Shield Beware American Home Shield! Nationwide

American Home Shield charged my bank account without notice, then couldn't tell me for days why it was charged (they said they couldn't even SEE this charge), and when they finally could see it they said they couldn't refund it.

First, I was told by a representative that I needed to pay $49 to get my warranty going on the monthly payment system and it would be $49 a month thereafter.  Several days later I got some paperwork in the mail that said my payments would be $57 a month.  Strange... but not a deal breaker.  A few days after that, American Home Shield made an unauthorized charge to my bank account for $22.99.  This was at the very end of a strained pay period, tipping my bank account slightly under and resulting in a $35 NSF fee from my bank.  Agents at American Home Shield couldn't even see this charge at first and asked me to fax them documentation from my bank statement.  I did so, then didn't hear back from them for a few days...  When I called back not only could they now see this charge, but they said it was valid and neither it nor the $35 NSF fee could be returned to me.

So essentially even though they repeatedly acknowledged and apologized (hollowly) for their company's representative giving me the wrong information, they stuck to their guns that the unauthorized charge to my account and the subsequent NSF fee from my bank were not their problem.  How's THAT for excellent customer service?

And speaking of which, it's bad enough when every single person you talk to at a company gives you a different story, but it just adds insult to injury when one (Larry from the Consumer Sales Department) sounds inebriated the whole time and can only repeat the same "I know one of our people made a mistake, but we're not responsible for our representatives" circular non-logic over and over again until you feel like screaming.

BEWARE this wretched, worthless company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/nationwide/American-Home-Shield-Beware-American-Home-Shield-Nationwide-1094012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield