Complaint Review: Assurance Wireless

• Submitted: Fri, November 16, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 16, 2012

• Reported By: assurance wireless user — united states Nationwide United States of America
Assurance Wireless
Nationwide United States of America

Assurance Wireless VIRGIN MOBILE Assurance Wireless (Virgin Mobile) customer service rude to poor and sick users with 'lifeline' service under government contracts richmond, Nationwide

After receiving a worrying text message from Assurance wireless telling me that my listed residential address had been changed (which it hasn't) I called the number that it said to call only to get a non working number. Next search internet for Assurance Wireless correct customer service number and called. The customer service rep was really rude and I believe it is because I  have a 'lifeline' phone paid for under government contract. If i were a regular paying Virgin Mobile customer I strongly feel that the customer service personnel would not be so rude. IMO in this way it is a discrimination against the poor and sick.

I'm sick of this type of thing. I spoke to a supervisor about it. He would not give me even the rep's first name so I could report it to assurance wireless (VIRGIN MOBILE). He said he would take 'some action' on the issue and I asked to be notified about such action. [continued below]....
..... He said that was not possible so this is my only way to respond. Assurance Wireless (a division of virgin mobile)  is a federal Lifeline Assistance program brought to you by Virgin Mobile. Lifeline is a government benefit program supported by the federal Universal Service Fund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Assurance-Wireless/nationwide/Assurance-Wireless-VIRGIN-MOBILE-Assurance-Wireless-Virgin-Mobile-customer-service-rude-970403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Assurance Wireless