Complaint Review: CAMCO

• Submitted: Fri, March 26, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 09, 2004

• Reported By:San Diego California
CAMCO
303 North Main Street, Rockford, IL 61101 Rockford, Illinois U.S.A.

CAMCO ripoff Rockford Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Witnesses Sought in Upcoming CAMCO Litigation Suit

About six weeks ago I began receiving calls from CAMCO claiming that they were attempting to collect a debt on behalf of a lender whom I knew nothing about. The debt was supposedly incurred in 1983.

Ms. Tasha(?) Bell told me I could make a settlement payment of $683.00. I tried to explain that I didn't know anything about this debt and refused to make any arrangements without documentation and further information.

Mr. Andrew Cash then got on the line and told me to pay $683.00 now or they would come after me for the full $2400.00. If I didn't pay up, he had "ways of getting to the credit bureaus and would ruin [my] credit."

I, again, refused to discuss the matter further unless he provided me with documentation about this alleged debt and asked for his mailing address. He refused to provide that information.

Since then I have received numerous phone calls from Ms. Bell. When I answer the phone she simply begins demanding to know when I'm going to pay my debt. She does not identify herself, she just begins screaming.

Each time I simply keep repeating my request for a mailing address (obviously to send them a Cease and Desist Order) and each time my request for information is denied.

DO NOT agree to payments to these people. It is clear from their actions and their refusal to provide information that they are not a legitimate collection service.

James
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2004 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CAMCO/Rockford-Illinois-61101/CAMCO-ripoff-Rockford-Illinois-85536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CAMCO

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Witnesses Sought in Upcoming CAMCO Litigation Suit

AUTHOR: Alfredo - (U.S.A.)

James,

A Solana Beach attorney is currently representing another CAMCO victim for an upcoming trial against CAMCO. If you would be interested in being a witness, [place your comments below and be sure to put your contact information so Rip-off Report can contact you.]